Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Formula 1 2019

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
McLaren not getting the Merc engine until 2021.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'd quite like to see Vettel replaced by Norris in the prancing horse ....
When is Vettel's contract up?

Norris has serious pace and would make a great foil for Leclerc who is only a few years his senior ... doubt Mclaren would let him go though ...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd quite like to see Vettel replaced by Norris in the prancing horse ....
When is Vettel's contract up?

Norris has serious pace and would make a great foil for Leclerc who is only a few years his senior ... doubt Mclaren would let him go though ...

Vettel has 1 year left on his Ferrari contract.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Congratulations to Mercedes- 6 in a row [emoji3060]

Merc also guaranteed the driver title and Hamilton might take it in Mexico if he finishes in front of Bottas (currently 73 points ahead with a maximum of 78 available after Mexico)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Interesting first lap and a race that kept my interest but ultimately was a let down :shrug:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Some biased decisions regarding Ferrari, How was Vettels false start any different to Raikonens in the last race?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Some biased decisions regarding Ferrari, How was Vettels false start any different to Raikonens in the last race?

How about Le Clerc driving Verstappen off the track? After race decision is just ridiculous. Verstappen’s race was finished through a 100% too aggressive move by Le Clerc...imo

I now just expect decisions to lean to Ferrari’s advantage, it happens too often to be anything but bent, again...imo

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I can kind of understand how Leclerc understeered in to Max at the start and these things happen at the beginning of a race sometimes, but to not pit whilst dropping bits of his car all over the track and damaging Hamilton's Merc was downright dangerous. To only get a 10 second post race penalty for that seems extremely lenient.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Congratulations to Mercedes- 6 in a row [emoji3060]

Merc also guaranteed the driver title and Hamilton might take it in Mexico if he finishes in front of Bottas (currently 73 points ahead with a maximum of 78 available after Mexico)

Not quite, 64 ahead with 104 available. (Mexico, US, Brazil and Abu Dhabi)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I can kind of understand how Leclerc understeered in to Max at the start and these things happen at the beginning of a race sometimes, but to not pit whilst dropping bits of his car all over the track and damaging Hamilton's Merc was downright dangerous. To only get a 10 second post race penalty for that seems extremely lenient.

Charlie Whitings death has had an effect on the stewarding. Jean Gérard would have been in on lap 1 under his watch. He's a big loss to F1 and today's shitshow would not have occurred if he'd been here still. Big understated miss.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I'm of the opinion that Lewis would have won had he not made the second pit stop. Team orders I guess.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Charlie Whitings death has had an effect on the stewarding. Jean Gérard would have been in on lap 1 under his watch. He's a big loss to F1 and today's shitshow would not have occurred if he'd been here still. Big understated miss.

Ridiculous, bits of carbon fibre flying through the air, if it can take Hamilton's wing mirror off, imagine if it had hit him!? So dangerous.

What on earth were they thinking? :shrug:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ridiculous, bits of carbon fibre flying through the air, if it can take Hamilton's wing mirror off, imagine if it had hit him!? So dangerous.

What on earth were they thinking? :shrug:

That was unbelievably dangerous. If there are bits hanging off the car it should not be up to driver or team whether to pit or not. The stewards should be able to enforce a pit stop or immediately impose a very slow speed limit or withdraw them from the race altogether if that’s the safest thing to do given where they are on the track.

Ferrari effectively gambled Hamilton’s life against a few constructors points.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm of the opinion that Lewis would have won had he not made the second pit stop. Team orders I guess.

Yeah I think Mercedes wanted Bottas to get the win after his amazing start. Would have been wrong to manoeuvre Lewis in front of him. Title is not at risk and Bottas has been very accommodating to Hamilton for two seasons.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Yeah I think Mercedes wanted Bottas to get the win after his amazing start. Would have been wrong to manoeuvre Lewis in front of him. Title is not at risk and Bottas has been very accommodating to Hamilton for two seasons.

Agreed, but I think Bottas may have 'overtaken him' but Vettel was 18 seconds and falling further behind with 8 laps to go. I think it cost him 2nd place to let Bottas win in that manner

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I see it a bit more about looking to cover all bases to give the highest chance of a win for the team rather than favouring a driver. That said Hamilton was right to be frustrated as it reduced his chances.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Still waiting for an update on Renault's alleged illegal car, in the meantime here's what Hamilton needs to do to be Champion this weekend-

Annotation 2019-10-23 150457.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here