Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Formula 1 2019

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
It’s back- looks like the new regs and new driver line ups could potentially mix things up a bit..

Thoughts for the new season?

Who will be on Pole at 7am?!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very early days but Norris is doing well as is Le Clerc. Kubica last by a mile sadly.

Are Ferrari sandbagging as suggested yesterday? Mercs looking quickest so we’ll soon find out

But we are only in quali 2

Come on Kimi!

Norris into Quali 3 on his debut ....impressive!

Last edited:

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
I rate George Russell but it looks like he might be stuck with a dog of a car..

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Lewis and Mercedes carrying on from last season. Massive difference from Ferrari as Mercedes take the top two places on the grid

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lewis and Mercedes carrying on from last season. Massive difference from Ferrari as Mercedes take the top two places on the grid

Brilliant tactics from Mercedes in testing. Media including the BBC had Ferrari at 0.5 ahead of them. The pain Vettel must be feeling!

Hamilton all set for DWC6.

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Brilliant tactics from Mercedes in testing. Media including the BBC had Ferrari at 0.5 ahead of them. The pain Vettel must be feeling!

It must be a bit difficult for the pundits during testing- I pretty much ignore times in testing and free practice as I have no idea what the teams are doing and cannot form a view on genuine pace. The media have to say something I guess and it is better copy for them to draw conclusions from the pre-season testing and create some hype, rather than being honest and admitting they haven't got a scooby.

It does look pretty close so too early to predict the whole season, but I would expect Mercedes to be 'the team to beat'..

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Along with Hamilton saying that Ferrari were 0.5 seconds quicker :lolol:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Early days, let's see tomorrow, always hoping that a least 3 cars are competitive but it looks like same old stuff, alas.
But I'm ok because I prefer Moto GP and if anyone even remotely like Racing then the opening race last weekend filled my boots.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I get we all want it to be more competitive but it's no different from the Premier League

There are dominate teams that you know will win before the season started.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have no idea why people who find F1 dull bother to open F1 threads let alone post on them :shrug:

I find cricket and baseball soporific and feel no need to go anywhere near the threads on them :smile:

Bucharest49

May 12, 2014
lewis done good .. still off the pace ferrari are but race day is were it counts ...youg rookie norris done great to be on 8th place on the grid ������

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Looks like another dull year ahead

You need some of this .

download (3).jpg

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I have no idea why people who find F1 dull bother to open F1 threads let alone post on them :shrug:

I find cricket and baseball soporific and feel no need to go anywhere near the threads on them :smile:

Agree but wait until BG starts posting, that will really make your piss boil.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hopefully Williams improve fairly quickly. A couple of drivers there who it'll be fascinating to see how they get on but can't really judge them when so far off the pace.

Haas well placed in Oz again, hopefully they can keep the wheels on this year. Was expecting Norris and Albon to both be beaten by their teammates, very impressive qualifying by both of them so early in their F1 careers. Should be interesting to see how much progress Gasly can make from 17th.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here