Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Formula 1 2019

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don’t see what Verstappen did at all wrong, let alone what he did to possibly deserve a penalty.

By the letter of the law, Vettel deserved his penalty in Canada. It’ll be an utter farce if Verstappen gets one today.

Agreed, slo-mo showed his steering on full lock to the right throughout the turn as he was just ahead, no sly glances, and Leclerc always had the disadvantage of having to take the longer path on the outside.

I hope the committee allow this result, it was great racing.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
People moan about VAR but it's nearly 3 hours after the race finished and no one knows who won!! Lot of people probably leaving the circuit not knowing.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
People moan about VAR but it's nearly 3 hours after the race finished and no one knows who won!! Lot of people probably leaving the circuit not knowing.

They are waiting for people to leave before giving the final result...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed, slo-mo showed his steering on full lock to the right throughout the turn as he was just ahead, no sly glances, and Leclerc always had the disadvantage of having to take the longer path on the outside.

I hope the committee allow this result, it was great racing.

I agree with all that, but I think he took the turn later than he needed to in order to make ir difficult for Leclerc to get around him.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
3 excellent young drivers who could all be battling for a world championship in the future and all having a decent race

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looking forward to qualy....p3 has made things look interesting!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Me too, Mercedes being written off. Dangerous game in wet conditions knowing just how good Lewis is. Putting aside my bias it would be great for F1 if the Mercs are off the pace this weekend.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Last evening on BBC Sport they were saying how poor LH had been and how dominant Ferrari were in practice roll on 24 hours and who is on pole and who is 3rd where are Vettel and Leclerc?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ferrari and/or Vettel seem to screw up every race weekend. This has been the same on and off for two or three years now.

Not bad luck, but the relentless Anglo-Teutonic perfection of Mercedes has ground them down, as well as the best driver around in LH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here