Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Formula 1 2019

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's not as if He didn't try either, even if he did run out of road. That's good to see.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Yes it is. I don’t know too much about him other that he’s half British but races under a Thai flag, is that right?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ferraris much faster on the straight so easy overtakes for them if necessary? 8/10s of a second quicker than the Mercs which is a massive amount of time in F1 on just one sector.

Spa is such a great track

BIG news though is that Hamilton has stuffed his car into the armco in practice 3 and if he has chassis damage will need a replacement and take a very big drop down the track, maybe even to the back.

No news yet but if just cosmetic (looks worse than that to me, but what do I know) he should be back for qualifying. If it’s a chassis change, do they have time?

Gonna be a fascinating qualifying and race either way

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Looking forward to this one.

Reading Autosport, good article on RedBull Racing. On their junior programme Marko ranks about why he sacked Alguersuari. “During his driving he was more interested in being a DJ. He was up until 4 or 5 o’clock in the morning. You can’t combine things like that” and on high expectations of drivers to step up quickly “They all make their living out of racing. What more can you expect”.

Reminded me of Locadia.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hamilton’s damage not as bad as it could have been and Mercedes expect the car to be ready for qualifying. Finger crossed that they are right

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Delay due to Kubica engine failure gives Hamilton more time. Car now on track for Quali One

Ferrari pissing all over the Mercs in quali one. 1.6 secs quicker

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What an absolute shambles of a quali 3. Under investigation but as Ferrari are on pole and it’s Ferrari’s home Grand Prix they will just fudge it and not make them re run it.

Joke

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What an absolute shambles of a quali 3. Under investigation but as Ferrari are on pole and it’s Ferrari’s home Grand Prix they will just fudge it and not make them re run it.

Joke
What happened?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What happened?

Red flag stopped the qualifying and when it restarted there was about 6 mins left. Because everyone wanted the slipstream of a car in front of them they all stayed put until a couple of mins before qualifying finished. When they came out there were all sorts of slowing down and pissing about tactics which meant that only one car made it across the line to be able to do another qualifying lap, so the times set on the first runs made up the top 10.

I’d have demoted the nine who didn’t make it to the back of the grid

Paying public robbed but as it’s in Italy and Le Clerc had provisional poll the Italians probably don’t give a shit.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Shambles.

Made for some great tweets though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
No penalties but reprimands for driving deliberately slowly. Farcical though and they all deserved not to improve their times as they ALL sat in the garage until the very last second possible.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting article on BBC sports site about the potential return of Alonso to Ferrari. Vettel getting pissed off with playing second fiddle to Le Clerc could move back to Red Bull leaving Alonso the Ferrari seat. All good until you consider the fact that Vettel would then be racing with Verstappen. I suggest non starter. Dumping Albon who looks like he might have what it takes and is young would also seem an odd decision.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Great GP. Le Clerc came of age today, he was pushed so hard by Hamilton. Maybe he was a little lucky not to be penalised for squeezing Lewis off the track and then going off and taking a short cut to retain the lead. But this was a Ferrari winning at a home GP for the first time in a decade, the stewards were not going to risk the aftermath of penalising him.

Not many drivers can drive that well under the pressure put on him, so big congrats to Le Clerc. Vettel, however, is a spent force, learner driver levels of driving the way he came back onto the track after spinning off. Loved Stroll getting the hump and then doing pretty well exactly the same a couple of minutes later.

Enjoyed that. We now we move on to Monaco at night without the glamour at the normally very boring Singapore Grand Prix. Love to see this one dropped from the calendar.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Driving a red car in Italy eh?

Drive Hamilton off the track - naughty, don't do anything else bad, or we'll be forced to do something

Drive off the track yourself to avoid being overtaken - no action

Have I missed anything ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here