Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] *** Fridat Night Drinking Thread ***

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Simply because I had to take Pickles to Tesco on the way back from work I thought I would indulge myself in a couple of 4 packs of Thornbridge Jaipur and Vocations Pride and Joy.

Before that though ..... A Thornbridge Florida Weiss to get me soured up.

Happy Fridat boys. UTA

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Simply because I had to take Pickles to Tesco on the way back from work I thought I would indulge myself in a couple of 4 packs of Thornbridge Jaipur and Vocations Pride and Joy.

Happy Fridat boys. UTA

You're sour enough without a Thornbridge Florida........

.....I'm on the ICE COLD Punks, maybe followed later by a Jaipur, and most definitely a few Elvis Juice later.

Happy Fridat all!!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thornbridge, excellent brewery.

I’m gonna have a disco nap before heading to Mikkeller to start a long evening in Neukolln.....

Happy Fridat!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Thornbridge, excellent brewery.

I’m gonna have a disco nap before heading to Mikkeller to start a long evening in Neukolln.....

Happy Fridat!

I think Martin Hickie of Brewdog worked on Jaipur at Thornbridge in his earlier career. Definetly influence Punk HT

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Got a Brewdog Overworks Brett vs Punk in the fridge for later. Do enjoy a good sour. Also picked up the new Loka Polly series, so have a nice 6% IPA at some point

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Has this turned into the 'Friday afternoon drinking thread'? it is getting earlier. Can understand if it was mid summer!
Anyways, back on the entry level lager........probably

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Has this turned into the 'Friday afternoon drinking thread'? it is getting earlier. Can understand if it was mid summer!

Never too early for a cold Punk on a Fridat, when you've finished work, and perusing the Just eat takeaway Chinese menus.....:albion2:punk:

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

Happy Fridat boys. UTA

I've just had a couple of cans of Mikkeller 'Wood will fall down' Berliner sour on my way to the airport, from where I'll be flying to... Berlin

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

For clarification (as laid down in the ‘Official Fridat night drinking thread rules) Fridat evenings start at 1.00 p.m.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've just had a couple of cans of Mikkeller 'Wood will fall down' Berliner sour on my way to the airport, from where I'll be flying to... Berlin

Safe journey. Maybe see you for the game on Sunday!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
With all the trials and tribulations of the alcohol experiment, dry January etc I must confess I am a bit of a lightweight these days. Normally lose interest after the first half pint and a single pint is my go to intake now on a Fridat and Saturdat

However tonight I am rather enjoying my pint of Proper Job and may just stray on to a second but who knows?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Was recommended a Gewurztraminer to go with my first attempt at a Thai Red Curry (Duck & Aubergine) tonight but was rather underwhelmed by it (not my curry which wasn't too bad for a first up, if a little fussy as I did all the spices from scratch). As a consequence have opened a Bottle of Viognier instead for the rest of this evening. Seems a shame to chuck away half a bottle of the French stuff, may use it for cooking later in the week. Cheers and lets be celebrating on Sunday evening as well! :clap:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Day 73 in the sober house. Lime and sparkling water here - I've got my eyes on a triple-digit dry streak now.

Don’t get why you are counting the days...either give up or enjoy a beer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here