Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The Streets
8ae22bb3c7b756054bdee1f53efe817d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Loads of flares this year. How did they go down in the crowd?

My mate said good to look at, shit if you are near as you can't see anything and your beer ends up full of ash...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think I'm a bit of a jinx on artists. Saw Kylie in Manchester on the Showgirl tour (AMAZING) and shortly after she was diagnosed with cancer and cancelled the rest of the tour.

Saw Oasis at Heaton Park. A few months later they split up so it was one of their last ever UK performances.

Saw Prince in Leeds, a lifelong goal and he did not disappoint. Last tour he did here before he died.

Telling the stories to him, it was my son who pointed out that I probably shouldn't go to gigs any more. [emoji23]

Can I buy you some tickets for Michael McIntyre?

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
The Cure were formed in Crawley???? Really? How did I not know that until now??!!!

I used to watch them in The Rocket once a month or so, around summer 77 onwards. They were called Easy Cure then. Line-up was Robert Smith. Paul (later Porl and even later Paula) Thompson, Peter O'Toole, Mick Dempsey and Lol Tolhurst. Most were from St Wilfreds but Paul went to Thomas Bennett.

They also used to have a great covers band play at the Rocket regularly, (42nd Street or something) and one of the band had a huge red American car and he gave me a lift to school once or twice as he'd see me at the bus stop. Oh, cue the Cool Story Bro meme.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Too self-indulgent for me. I got fed up and staggered off and found The Wonder Stuff playing in a tent somewhere and had a fantastic time.

Interesting, although not surprising, to read the Killers getting a largely poor response on here. Just scanning reviews quickly this morning, both The Guardian and NME gave them 5/5.

I've long been a fan, and always enjoyed their live shows - maybe TV doesn't do them justice...

The Killers, long before this Glastonbury, have always been slagged off on NSC. Pretty much despised.

I really enjoyed their performance on Saturday night, on TV.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The Killers, long before this Glastonbury, have always been slagged off on NSC. Pretty much despised.

Once NSC has made its mind up, that's it you know the rules.
Theres about as much chance in changing the decision, as there is with [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] cycling around Glastonbury with Lizzo :wink:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

I may well have been involved in that. I don't hate them, but I do think they're over-rated.

I've seen them live at Wembley Arena (they were just meh) and the first time on the Pyramid stage (disastrous, but not their fault).

I think the first five tracks on Hot Fuss are fantastic... and it's been downhill ever since.

Part of the problem for me is that their influences are my favourite bands (at the pop and electronic end, not Springsteen) - and they just come across like a poor imitation.

There are only two original members left, aren't there? No-one really knows/cares because it's all about Brandon.

I saw someone saying that he's the best band frontman to emerge this century. If that's the case, indie rock 'n' roll really is in a state.

BTW, they're bigger here than the States. I think they became a popular student/disco band here and its stuck. Does anyone actually like their last few albums?

Last edited:

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Interesting, although not surprising, to read the Killers getting a largely poor response on here. Just scanning reviews quickly this morning, both The Guardian and NME gave them 5/5.

I was a little disappointed not to be at Chemical Brothers (as saw them in October) but the Killers were pretty good, not a huge fan but they did a quality job and I enjoyed it!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Alex is doing his first club PA in Newcastle on Thursday. :bowdown:

Over 130k twitter followers, #1 trending video on YouTube and doing some work with BooHoo Men... I wonder how many people are going to invest in a PSG shirt to wear to Wireless this weekend? :lolol:

My only slight complaint is it’s overshadowed the rest of a f*cking brilliant set. Still a brilliant moment though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I may well have been involved in that. I don't hate them, but I do think they're over-rated.

I've seen them live at Wembley Arena (they were just meh) and the first time on the Pyramid stage (disastrous, but not their fault).

I think the first five tracks on Hot Fuss are fantastic... and it's been downhill ever since.

Part of the problem for me is that their influences are my favourite bands (at the pop and electronic end, not Springsteen) - and they just come across like a poor imitation.

There are only two original members left, aren't there? No-one really knows/cares because it's all about Brandon.

I saw someone saying that he's the best band frontman to emerge this century. If that's the case, indie rock 'n' roll really is in a state.

BTW, they're bigger here than the States. I think they became a popular student/disco band here and its stuck. Does anyone actually like their last few albums?

Balance comments, a great explanation.

Some others make their vitriol a personal attack (in the same way that Muzza and Stephens draw keyboard animosity).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Enjoying The Streets. Soundtrack of my late teens-into twenties, Blinded by The Lights :cool:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Enjoying The Streets. Soundtrack of my late teens-into twenties, Blinded by The Lights :cool:

Under my username after that brilliant tune! Check out the video. I wonder why it never made number one? :rolleyes: Mike Skinner sounded f¥cked on Sunday night.

"These look well speckly. A bit green and blue. Free's is well cheap though so I'll take three if I need to. Right I'm gonna plan. I wish the bouncers would go away - borrow water off this man. Here goes nothing, ok........" :sick::rave:

First ever time I heard it I knew what it was about. :wink:

boik

Unfortunately Brandon is a character that is very hard to warm to.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
The Streets
8ae22bb3c7b756054bdee1f53efe817d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Loved that and a great way to end my weekend (left straight after the set). Was wondering if quite a few around me even know what an SR Nova is (not that it mattered just made me laugh to myself). Always wanted to see them and never got the chance - thank you Glastonbury for that and many other other great things

Did you make it inside John Peel stage for this?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I'm back to enjoying their songs on Absolute radio.

I still can't get my head around how the lead singer looked on stage, I hadn't seen any photos of the band before, just wasn't the look I was expecting for a front man of an indie rock band.
One of my sons asked me if I watched The Killers on TV at Glastonbury, he said he enjoyed seeing Johnny Marr put in an appearance, but he also said he wasn't expecting the singer to look as he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here