[Music] Glastonbury - June 2019

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It has to be a 97 out of 100

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I loved The Cure back in the early 80s (late 70s?). I saw them loads, including a couple of times where they supported The Banshees and RS played guitar for both bands.

I am sorry to say, this is a bit...lacklustre. A bit karaoke like, almost. You want a headliner to blow you away.

Stormzy did. The Killers manifestly did not. The Cure tonight? Meh.

My favourite bits have been: The Ezra Collective (bringing on Jorja Smith and Loyle Carner was special), The Comet is Coming, Loyle Carner, Chemical Brothers, Foals and Lewis Capaldi's stage entrance. I am looking forward to catching up with Kamasi Washington, The Streets and Neneh Cherry.

I wish I was there.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I don't think I have ever stayed up late to watch a live concert with music I don't really like.
The whole thing has been top class.
Does he play the local pub in Burwash on an open mic evening.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I loved The Cure back in the early 80s (late 70s?). I saw them loads, including a couple of times where they supported The Banshees and RS played guitar for both bands.

I am sorry to say, this is a bit...lacklustre. A bit karaoke like, almost. You want a headliner to blow you away.

My favourite bits have been: The Ezra Collective (bringing on Jorja Smith and Loyle Carner was special), The Comet is Coming, Loyle Carner, Chemical Brothers, Foals and Lewis Capaldi's stage entrance. I am looking forward to catching up with Kamasi Washington, The Streets and Neneh Cherry.

I wish I was there.

Agreed and, as I've pointed out earlier, I saw them ten times in the 80s. Check out Sons of Kemet and Sharon Van Etten.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I wish I was there.

I thought the cure were absolutely magnificent tonight. Sorry it was meh for you

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
If someone has managed to sit through 90 minutes of meh, it can’t have been that meh!!!

I have always liked The Cure, and was looking forward to it. I hoped it would be special, but for me, it wasn't. I was disappointed.

This has just been compounded by a too slow and too calm version of the majesty that is Boys Don't Cry.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

That's a bit unfair. The bloke is 60 and he's played a barnstormer tonight. Not missed a beat, not fluffed a lyric and sounding like he did, give or take, 30 years ago.

He has sung every note by himself for 2 hours non-stop. I think he has done an incredible job. It must be hard doing that when you know it is, in all probability, for the last time, but still carry it off.

To close the Pyramid stage is a huge responsibility. Job done, I reckon.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That's a bit unfair. The bloke is 60 and he's played a barnstormer tonight. Not missed a beat, not fluffed a lyric and sounding like he did, give or take, 30 years ago.

He has sung every note by himself for 2 hours non-stop. I think he has done an incredible job. It must be hard doing that when you know it is, in all probability, for the last time, but still carry it off.

Nothing to add to that mate, you have said it all.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

This, with huge great brass knobs on.

Think I started a thread some time last year asking if The Cure were the UKs greatest rock (sic) band - my feelings haven’t changed after tonight’s performance. No gimmicks, just a good old fashioned musical treat.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That Seagulls flag has been getting some good exposure this weekend, Streets lead singer just grabbed at it doing his crowd surf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here