Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury - June 2019

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Loving watching various clips on you tube.

For those that do go, a question:

Don't you get really pi**ed off with all the I am more important people sitting on someone's shoulders so they can see and F**K anyone behind them? " I know I would.:(
No they are just having a bit of fun at a festival.

Are we going to line up the crowd from short to tall so everyone can see?
Get rid of the flags?

My misses couldn't see much at all when we were right in the crowd near the front for Liam.... still had a ball.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
No they are just having a bit of fun at a festival.

Are we going to line up the crowd from short to tall so everyone can see?
Get rid of the flags?

My misses couldn't see much at all when we were right in the crowd near the front for Liam.... still had a ball.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Yes, especially when it's only for two people which I kept seeing, much more annoying than shoulders as there were a few times when I had no space to move but had a flag directly in front of me

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
How do the serial attendees on here manage to get tickets so often when it's essentially a (well oversubscribed) lottery?

Have only had the pleasure of going once but it's all about how many mates you have.

If you have a group of 36 of you, only 6 need to be successful in getting through for you all to get tickets.

I had a friend who was on a live excel sheet of around 600 people. All 600 would be trying to get through, and buying tickets for whichever 6 names were next on the list. He got tickets, without fail, every single year.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Have only had the pleasure of going once but it's all about how many mates you have.

If you have a group of 36 of you, only 6 need to be successful in getting through for you all to get tickets.

I had a friend who was on a live excel sheet of around 600 people. All 600 would be trying to get through, and buying tickets for whichever 6 names were next on the list. He got tickets, without fail, every single year.

God that makes me sad.

Thankfully, I've worked enough times to be able to work again if I want to.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

So under that system, if you get through you have to front up about £1.5k until you get reimbursed by everyone?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
God that makes me sad.

Thankfully, I've worked enough times to be able to work again if I want to.

The reality, of course, is that it is all down to luck.

I tried for 8 years with various groups with no luck, then my parents retired and decided they wanted to go and got tickets for me and my partner on their first try. All of my mates also got tickets that year. This year my parents were able to get tickets for them and another couple (I'm out of the country currently) without much issue again. None of my mates got tickets.

Unless you are part of a rare syndicate, it really is luck of the draw, and though I want tickets every year, it's kinda great that is the case. I had the overwhelming feeling in 2017 that I was incredibly lucky to be there and if it was piss easy to get tickets it wouldn't be that special.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
So under that system, if you get through you have to front up about £1.5k until you get reimbursed by everyone?

Well no, as it isn't 1 person buying 600 tickets, it's 100 people. You can only buy 6 tickets at a time for registered people.
So you stump up £300 (£50 deposit x 6) for you and 5 other people, under the idea that you will be reimbursed almost immediately as you would've done that for someone else.
Pretty sure that it's a hard syndicate to get in to and people tend to know or vouch for each other.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well no, as it isn't 1 person buying 600 tickets, it's 100 people. You can only buy 6 tickets at a time for registered people.
So you stump up £300 (£50 deposit x 6) for you and 5 other people, under the idea that you will be reimbursed almost immediately as you would've done that for someone else.
Pretty sure that it's a hard syndicate to get in to and people tend to know or vouch for each other.

Ah. I see. Yes, I fully realised that it wouldn't be 1 person buying 600 tickets! :facepalm:
(That would be nearly one hundred and fifty grand, which seems a bit steep for most people...)

But I didn't realise you only paid a deposit of £50. I thought it would be one person buying x6 tix at £235 each eg. £1,645.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Jesus wept.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Loving watching various clips on you tube.

For those that do go, a question:

Don't you get really pi**ed off with all the I am more important people sitting on someone's shoulders so they can see and F**K anyone behind them? " I know I would.:(

The young ladies doing the shoulder sitting seem to be generally quite easy on the eye which makes me wonder about the sad sap whose shoulders she is sitting on and what the relationship dynamic is between them. Why would you want to endure the full body weight of a young lady on your shoulders throughout the set of a band you've probably been really looking forward to see when it would severely compromise your own enjoyment and experience of the occasion? The idea of having an attractive young lady's bare thighs wrapped around my neck under such circumstances would only hold any appeal if I wasn't yet shagging her but would like to otherwise why would you do it? Or is it some sort of trophy flaunting ritual to elicit envy from the male sector of the crowd who you believe will all assume you must be shagging her. Well you've wasted your energies because the very fact that you're having resort to such extreme levels of exhibitionism means you probably aren't and probably never will and that's about as good as it will ever get.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The young ladies doing the shoulder sitting seem to be generally quite easy on the eye which makes me wonder about the sad sap whose shoulders she is sitting on and what the relationship dynamic is between them. Why would you want to endure the full body weight of a young lady on your shoulders throughout the set of a band you've probably been really looking forward to see when it would severely compromise your own enjoyment and experience of the occasion? The idea of having an attractive young lady's bare thighs wrapped around my neck under such circumstances would only hold any appeal if I wasn't yet shagging her but would like to otherwise why would you do it? Or is it some sort of trophy flaunting ritual to elicit envy from the male sector of the crowd who you believe will all assume you must be shagging her. Well you've wasted your energies because the very fact that you're having resort to such extreme levels of exhibitionism means you probably aren't and probably never will and that's about as good as it will ever get.

It's a good theory. However it's derailed by the large number of unattractive sweaty lads who are also seen larging it sat on someone's shoulders.

I think it's just people having fun. Although I don't doubt that your theory is correct in some cases!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just been catching up on some Glasto. I had forgotten how brilliant, and game changing, the first Streets album was and what a fun, albeit chaotic, entertainer Mike Skinner is. Albion flag noted.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Still working my way through the Glasto library on iPlayer.

Fontaines DC. Absolutely smashed it. I can see what [MENTION=33723]Bod[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] see them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here