Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury - June 2019

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Slowthai - immense.

Blows my mind that people so young can produce such output, Stormzy himself only 25.

I consider myself to be open-minded, musically... but reached my limit with this guy.

Quite some moshpit, mind...

BBC-iPlayer-Glastonbury-West-Holts-Stage-Saturday.png

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I consider myself to be open-minded, musically... but reached my limit with this guy.

Quite some moshpit, mind...

View attachment 112202

Mate went to watch him and said when he came out he was bare foot, he soon ran off asking for socks as the stage was too hot :lolol:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I have also watched him today on I player, I enjoyed watching him more than any other act this weekend.

Highlight of my weekend, not sure whether he’s overhyped at the moment but really gets the crowd going. Needs a few more songs to prove it I think, but certainly makes a connection.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Highlight of my weekend, not sure whether he’s overhyped at the moment but really gets the crowd going. Needs a few more songs to prove it I think, but certainly makes a connection.

Not sure about overhyped, I heard of him through Twitter a while back and didn't listen to any songs at the time, but when I did actually listen I liked what I heard.
Looks and sounds like he is really enjoying himself up on the stage, good luck to him.

My son has gone to see him today at the festival in Finsbury Park.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Chemical brothers has been my highlight so far however nick cave coming out then we amazing although I was not surprised that a few around me didn't have a clue. This place is immense

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I’m running a day behind with my Glastonbury viewing so apologies.

But, Stormzy. Wow. What a performance. I have seen more established artists like Gorillaz and Arctic Monkeys struggle with the main stage headline slot. It even subdued Bono at times. And Stormzy was the first black U.K. headliner, just 25 years old and with only one album; no pressure there then. But he was faultless with a show full of imagination, wit and verve. An icon Glastonbury moment and a British cultural milestone.

I also caught IDLES who were excellent, Georgia (and artist who I completely forgot about) and some other bits and bobs. An excellent first day.

Just watching Idles now- smashed it. The Comet is Coming were good too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some excellent performances but my favourite so far is The Chemical Brothers. At times the energy from them and the crowd was insane. My mind is suitably blown.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kylie is so beautiful :love:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also, the tracks off the Chemical Brothers new album sound great.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else think Kylie is style over substance, great stage sets but her voice is fecking dreadful. Hope it improves

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Also, the tracks off the Chemical Brothers new album sound great.

No Geography is their best since Surrender imo. Got to Keep On, Free Yourself, Mad as Hell and title track all great. Not so keen on Eve of Destruction, personally. We've Got to Try is ace, but not played live.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Couple of Albion flags

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Some excellent performances but my favourite so far is The Chemical Brothers. At times the energy from them and the crowd was insane. My mind is suitably blown.

Agree. Just picked up a couple of tickets to see them in November just to re live my early days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here