Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury - June 2019

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Not many plans at all yet - want to see the Chemical Brothers and other than that going to see whats on when I walk past and if I like it will join. Its my first time going but not overly bothered about going to the big stages

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Not many plans at all yet - want to see the Chemical Brothers and other than that going to see whats on when I walk past and if I like it will join. Its my first time going but not overly bothered about going to the big stages
Saw them in October at the Ally Pally.... banging set!

Shame I think the misses is dragging me to The Killers at that time.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Any guesses on the 3 'bigger' secret acts?

Hoping for Stereophonics for the 1130am Park Stagr TBA slot.

The other 2 TBA slots I've already got plans so not too fussed

Saw the Stereophonics at Westonbirt Arboretum last Thursday....supposed to have been a summer outdoor event but was wet and cold but still good.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good stuff. hope you like the BBC coverage.
PS: the long range forecast for next Friday 28/Saturday 29th is thankfully dry.

I'm afraid with all those people there may well be plenty of liquefaction still !

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I really am not on the wind up and it's not because it's not my taste in music but doesn't having The Cure as a headline act show that they are starting to run out of really top names to perform.
Hardly the Rolling Stones are they.
Expecting to get shot down on this one.

Not shutting you down, these line up debates happen every year, every festival.

How many groups would you consider are on the Stones level? Should they just keep wheeling out the same big/popular people every year?

Just never understand why people look at the Headliners and judge the whole line up on it. The dance/dj line up this year is stacked!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Any guesses on the 3 'bigger' secret acts?

Hoping for Stereophonics for the 1130am Park Stagr TBA slot.

The other 2 TBA slots I've already got plans so not too fussed

Heard somewhere that Foals isn’t be making an appearance, they have no gigs that weekend.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Last time I was at Glastonbury, ankle deep mud, rain and an electrical storm that stopped the festival for half hour.

Best time ever!

If you are letting the weather get in your way you aren't doing it right.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Last time I was at Glastonbury, ankle deep mud, rain and an electrical storm that stopped the festival for half hour.

Best time ever!

If you are letting the weather get in your way you aren't doing it right.

It really is a horses for courses situation.

I've had this discussion many times with my mates who absolutely love Glasto. When I went with them I enjoyed it but for me the enjoyment Vs time, effort and money ratio just wasn't enough. You mentioned the dance acts which is more my thing anyway, but for the same amount of money I could've going to Ibiza or ADE and had all the creature comforts that you lose at Glaso - bed, shower, sanitation and the biggest thing for me not having to walk 40 minutes through treacle every time you want to see someone at a different venue.

If you want to go to the south east corner you have to miss the last hour of the headliners to be sure of getting in - I watched Chemical Brother on The other stage (which was brilliant) and wanted to carry on so walked 40 minutes through treacle only to find that area was 1 in 1 out already. Another 30 minute walk back to my tent, brilliant!

I do understand why people love it and I think it's probably something that gets better the more times you go as you know what to expect and become more experienced getting there and navigating the site, with hindsight if I did it again I'd do it completely differently. The only way I'd go back is if I did the expensive version and stayed in a teepee so at least you can just turn up on the Friday without having to worry about pitching you tent in 6 inches of mud!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here