Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury - June 2019

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Cannot wait. A really good lineup for me and most of it away from the big stages. Earrache have pulled out all the stops for their Truth and Scum stage lineups. To have bands such as Gojira and Venom Prison at Glastonbury is simply amazing for me. Hoping to catch Entombed AD and Slave to Sirens up there too.

The Cure are topping it all off for me on the Sunday and if their set in Dublin is anything to go by we are in for a treat. Loads of other great things to see Dream Wife, Fontaines DC, Idles, Hot Chip, Kate Tempest, Bananarama! amongst others.

Keeping an ye on the weather, the ground seems to be in decent enough nick to cope with 'normal' rainfall so hopefully no repeat of 2016.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Cannot wait. A really good lineup for me and most of it away from the big stages. Earrache have pulled out all the stops for their Truth and Scum stage lineups. To have bands such as Gojira and Venom Prison at Glastonbury is simply amazing for me. Hoping to catch Entombed AD and Slave to Sirens up there too.

The Cure are topping it all off for me on the Sunday and if their set in Dublin is anything to go by we are in for a treat. Loads of other great things to see Dream Wife, Fontaines DC, Idles, Hot Chip, Kate Tempest, Bananarama! amongst others.

Keeping an ye on the weather, the ground seems to be in decent enough nick to cope with 'normal' rainfall so hopefully no repeat of 2016.

I really am not on the wind up and it's not because it's not my taste in music but doesn't having The Cure as a headline act show that they are starting to run out of really top names to perform.
Hardly the Rolling Stones are they.
Expecting to get shot down on this one.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I really am not on the wind up and it's not because it's not my taste in music but doesn't having The Cure as a headline act show that they are starting to run out of really top names to perform.
Hardly the Rolling Stones are they.
Expecting to get shot down on this one.
In fairness it’s the 50th anniversary next year so expect the mega names then. Amazingly i’ve not seen The Cure before and am really looking forward to them. I agree the top headliners are not at the Stones level but overall the lineup has a great variety of excellent acts old and new. Death metal/punk/pop/folk/jazz/country/indie and all the dj Shizz this year has it all, can’t wait!

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach

Got to go see Mik Artistik too!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I hope the punters get good weather.

Can’t wait to watch The Cure.

My First gig was the cure . Olympia 92. Skipped school to get up there.
Saw them At Hyde park last year too.
As a kid I watched “cure in orange” millions of times wishing I’d have been there. That was peak cure, for me. Love the version of push on that film

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My First gig was the cure . Olympia 92. Skipped school to get up there.
Saw them At Hyde park last year too.
As a kid I watched “cure in orange” millions of times wishing I’d have been there. That was peak cure, for me. Love the version of push on that film

I only saw The Cure once in Brighton in the early 80’s.

Much of their music has stood the test of time. Always original, everything is right.

(They’re a deserved headline act because their iconic, have huge support, are great live, and Glastonbury is a festival of all things pop, soul and rock; NOT a rock festival).

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
In fairness it’s the 50th anniversary next year so expect the mega names then. Amazingly i’ve not seen The Cure before and am really looking forward to them. I agree the top headliners are not at the Stones level but overall the lineup has a great variety of excellent acts old and new. Death metal/punk/pop/folk/jazz/country/indie and all the dj Shizz this year has it all, can’t wait!

Not arguing the variety at all, I said earlier about Mavis Staples and Roy Ayers, I love Glastonbury, all those people of all ages and nationality enjoying all the music together is a great thing.
It will be very interesting to see the line up for next year, and thinking about it bands like Gorillaz have headlined so why not The Cure, it's just that there is no mega act this year.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I loved Glastonbury back in the early to mid 1990s, though to be honest I spent a lot of my time in the dance tent and stalls and wandering around insensibly. The bands on TV are sometimes fun but they don't really get across what was enjoyable about the festival. No idea if it's still like that.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I loved Glastonbury back in the early to mid 1990s, though to be honest I spent a lot of my time in the dance tent and stalls and wandering around insensibly. The bands on TV are sometimes fun but they don't really get across what was enjoyable about the festival. No idea if it's still like that.

It's absolutely still like that. Had my first experience last year and fell head over heels in love with it. Nowhere quite like it.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
It's absolutely still like that. Had my first experience last year and fell head over heels in love with it. Nowhere quite like it.

It’ll be a lot better this year as there will be a festival in the fields , music etc .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

No Kylie for you? :ohmy:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I want to go and see Kylie on the Sunday as I have this in my head.

I know when I get there I’ll just see some whiny midget thinking she’s a country singer.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Driving to Eastbourne from Plymouth yesterday I noticed another very classy line up for Love Supreme, they always seem to get some great names, would love to go to that.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Any guesses on the 3 'bigger' secret acts?

Hoping for Stereophonics for the 1130am Park Stagr TBA slot.

The other 2 TBA slots I've already got plans so not too fussed

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here