Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I’m running a day behind with my Glastonbury viewing so apologies.

But, Stormzy. Wow. What a performance. I have seen more established artists like Gorillaz and Arctic Monkeys struggle with the main stage headline slot. It even subdued Bono at times. And Stormzy was the first black U.K. headliner, just 25 years old and with only one album; no pressure there then. But he was faultless with a show full of imagination, wit and verve. An icon Glastonbury moment and a British cultural milestone.

I also caught IDLES who were excellent, Georgia (and artist who I completely forgot about) and some other bits and bobs. An excellent first day.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
      11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...

1 Not allowed!
      I am now definitely too old and set in my tastes to enjoy Glastonbore these days. Never heard of most of the acts, and don't much care either.

Back to Radio 3 (sigh)...
      "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I am now definitely too old and set in my tastes to enjoy Glastonbore these days. Never heard of most of the acts, and don't much care either.

Back to Radio 3 (sigh)...
      I'm kind of erring on your side, I don't know 95% of the acts and the ones I do know didn't sound that good. Glad I'm not bleaching in a field going through it, no wonder the cameras are always finding someone crying in the audience.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      And Stormzy was the first black U.K. headliner, just 25 years old and with only one album; no pressure there then. But he was faultless with a show full of imagination, wit and verve. An icon Glastonbury moment and a British cultural milestone.
      Except he wasn't...

Not watched any of Glastonbury this year, I will check out the Chemical Brothers set though.

1 Not allowed!
      Chemical brothers. Wow.
      Swillis 15/09/2018
      "Zaha is a good player buts he's no Anthony Knockaert, christ he isn't even as good as Will Buckley".

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wozza View Post
      Could Glastonbury finally see the phenomenal Billie Eilish discussed on NSC? (No way I'm starting a new thread. )
      "Eilish is by a long way the coolest human being I have ever met. The simultaneous nonchalance and polish with which she poses for the camera is breathtaking; she has that mysterious quality of otherness that makes stardom look less like ambition than destiny."

Wow. Decca Aitkenhead in The Times, today.
      I listen to bands that don't even exist yet.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion Dan View Post
      Chemical brothers have completely and utterly stolen Glasto with this set. Nothing beating it. No chance.
      100% agree. Amazing set as usual. Might as well only have one act all weekend with screens and speakers across the whole site. All other acts can stay at home.
      Swillis 15/09/2018
      "Zaha is a good player buts he's no Anthony Knockaert, christ he isn't even as good as Will Buckley".
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wrong-Direction View Post
      I've just got into bed

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
      Couldn’t find your tent?

0 Not allowed!
      Sunday update

For those watching and listening to the BBC coverage there's more details here.
      Essentially over 100 sets live on iPlayer (Main Stage, Pyramid, Other, West Holts, John Peel, and Park Stage) and lots of other coverage on BBC 1,2,4 and R2, R1,6M, 1X and Sounds
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...astonbury-2019

Highlights today (Sunday) includes sets , streamed live or via the telly, from The Cure, Kylie, Bille Eilish, Christine and the Queens, Janelle Monae, Loyle Carner, Miley Cyrus, The Streets, Roy Ayers, This is the Kit, Vampire Weekend, Years and Years, Kamasi Washington.

Via iPlayer now there's sets and programmes featuring Liam Gallagher, The Killers, Janet Jackson, Foals, Chemical Brothers, Neneh Cherry, Stormzy, Tame Impala, The Charlatans, Idles, Cat Power, Bastille, Sheryl Crow and LOTS MORE as they say
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...vx/glastonbury

1 Not allowed!
      My stepson Jack, who is sound engineer at The Concorde, is doing the sound engineer/desk and for Loyle Carner on the Other stage today.
      "Holloway did the equivalent of supermarket sweep and loaded his trolley up and when he got home realised he had a load of dodgy flat pack furniture which he didn't know how to put together and has walked off in frustration leaving someone else to sort it out."