Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury - June 2019

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Seeing Stormzy is from Croydon, I'm surprised Me Tumble wasn't in the backing gospel singers.
That'll be a turn up!

My favourite bit of the whole Stormzy set (apart from when he finished) was when he said something along the lines of:

"There's someone who's legendary to me but can't be here because he's playing in a stadium somewhere on the other side of the world..."

At that point, Wilf (on Ivory Coast international duty and doubtless watching on BBC iPlayer) must have been pissing his pants.

...and then Ed Sheeran 'Shape of You' played in over the PA.

:lol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My favourite bit of the whole Stormzy set (apart from when he finished) was when he said something along the lines of:

"There's someone who's legendary to me but can't be here because he's in a stadium somewhere on the other side of the world..."

At that point, Wilf (on Ivory Coast international duty and doubtless watching on BBC iPlayer) must have been pissing his pants.

...and then Ed Sheeran 'Shape of You' played in over the PA.

:lol:

:lolol::clap:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Just watching some coverage on BBC iplayer. They have crush barriers a third of the way back from the Pyramid stage, spliting the crowd area in two. Is this a new thing or something they have been doing for a few years now?

Since 2010 (possibly earlier) I remember leaning against it watching Gorillaz.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I could never bring myself to go to Glastonbury (in my younger years) because I perceived the whole enterprise to be incredibly "uncool".

I took myself off to Reading many times instead, Reading being the NME and Glastonbury Q magazine.

Nothing I've ever seen in the TV coverage has made me change my mind.

I saw Nirvana at Reading and not going this weekend led to me to miss Sheryl Crow.

Nuff said.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm enjoying it but it's not a headline act, this spot is usually a huge name, banging it out and whipping the crowd up into a frenzy.
I am sure it going to rack up as it goes though.

But this is not true. The Friday night slot has had numerous acts which are in their infancy, one or two albums, and which the Eavis’ believe can handle it.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I could never bring myself to go to Glastonbury (in my younger years) because I perceived the whole enterprise to be incredibly "uncool".

I took myself off to Reading many times instead, Reading being the NME and Glastonbury Q magazine.

I saw Nirvana at Reading and not going this weekend led to me to miss Sheryl Crow.

Nuff said.

Glastonbury pisses over Reading

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Balding, middle aged Men are not his demographic, clearly. Did nothing for me

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Not been to Reading but Glastonbury was cool in the 70's and early 80's. Now it's just become one huge commercial behemoth that's completely lost it's identity for me.

What's commercial about it? The majority of things I have seen here make me think the complete opposite especially compared to everyday life

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
What's commercial about it? The majority of things I have seen here make me think the complete opposite especially compared to everyday life

There's always a good percentage of people who believe everything was better in their day. You see it when people discuss Brighton now compared to 'back in my day', as another example. They forget that the world through a youngster's eyes is very different to the world through a grumpy middle aged b*stard's eyes.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018

Nuff said.
I'm not jealous at all that you got to see Nirvana live.......
I would have given absolutely anything to see them but was too young at 13 to be allowed anywhere near a gig before he died.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

Nuff said.

I went to Reading in 93, 94 and 95. Unfortunately just missed Nirvana by one year, was just too young in 92. I went to Glastonbury in 94, 95, 97 and 98. Both are fantastic festivals. Reading has always had great line ups as did Glastonbury. I don't recognize the headliners at Glastonbury these days, seems bizarre to me to have pop groups and rappers headlining it but it has been so much more commercial for a long time now. Where Glastonbury is better is that there is so much more to it than the main stage. There are literally dozens of small stages in the outer fields with cool bands on. I saw Ozric tentacles in some random marquee one year, Drugstore on a smallish stage somewhere, all sorts of bands you've never heard of + all sorts of random mental things going on all over. You could go up to the stone circle (is it still there?) and have an all night burning man style rave after smoking a bong in front of the police at some hippie cafe. Well you used to be able to. It was a World unto itself. So if I went back now I'd just hang out in the outer fields. That's what Reading doesn't have even though it has great line ups. Seen some great bands at Reading as well. Red hot chilli peppers in 93 I think. Ratm one of the years, Blur before they were famous

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Third time I’ve seen them and always do it for me. Saw a BHA flag there and the Big Bruno Manifesto one at Craig Charles.
D538962B-9DC0-427D-B24F-476BCBF1CB28.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not been to Reading but Glastonbury was cool in the 70's and early 80's. Now it's just become one huge commercial behemoth that's completely lost it's identity for me.

Commercial? In what way?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here