Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Warren Aspinal Saturday

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
For me, JC, I think Warren Aspinall is the best summariser we could have.

Love his assessment of past and present players like Anthony Knockhard, Connor Goldstone, Leo Ujéa, and Uwe Humeneier.

Not to mention Thomas Hemed. I have never heard him attempt a full Alireza Jahanbakhsh but I am looking forward to immensely.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
WA is very likable chap and knows his stuff. Great to have him.

JC is a poor commentator compared to AH who was the best we've ever had.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Love WA. Top man, excellent summariser, good scout and definitely one of us!

For someone who has developed an affection for the club later in life, he seems like a dyed in the wool, life long fan. He just ‘gets’ the club and fans. Legend.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Still one of my happiest memories of the Wigan promotion game was seeing Warren's beaming smile as the players celebrated around him and JC. He looked genuinely delighted.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He has affection for the club as they helped him in his hour of need

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last time I heard anything good on the radio was John Byrne.

Liked him too but he was a little dour and very obviously a United fan, much prefer WA personally

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Agree with all the positive comments about WA on here.

However I was shocked to hear him on radio 5 the other week making very derogatory comments about Ali J, Locadia and Izzy.

Hopefully Alireza at least will have started to convince him after his last couple of performances.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Agree with all the positive comments about WA on here.

However I was shocked to hear him on radio 5 the other week making very derogatory comments about Ali J, Locadia and Izzy.

Hopefully Alireza at least will have started to convince him after his last couple of performances.

The 5 Live interview wasn't very different to what he says every week, not sure it was "shocking" or "derogatory".. He was merely arguing that Albion should be getting more from these expensive signings. He was pretty positive about AJ in the last couple of games and is far more nuanced about their ability in his commentaries.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
WA is very likable chap and knows his stuff. Great to have him.

JC is a poor commentator compared to AH who was the best we've ever had.

Adrian was very good, but I think Cantor suffered a bit at first because he wasn't Harmes. I think he's won most people over now.
I found listening on the radio difficult because they didn't tell you what was actually happening for quite a while, and you sometimes had no idea which team was actually in possession.
That has improved quite a bit.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The 5 Live interview wasn't very different to what he says every week, not sure it was "shocking" or "derogatory".. He was merely arguing that Albion should be getting more from these expensive signings. He was pretty positive about AJ in the last couple of games and is far more nuanced about their ability in his commentaries.

And, imho, he's spot on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And, imho, he's spot on.

Which only reinforces that WA says it like he sees it. Makes a change from most of the shit pundits I listen to who are too busy licking arse or choosing their words carefully to avoid offending any of the big teams, whilst having little interest or genuine knowledge of the also rans. Unless a big name from the past is involved of course.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Sebastian Pocahontas will forever live in my memory as one of Warrens finest name dropsies , there have been many but this was my favorite , he has a obvious passion for the club , and quite clearly loves what he does , and long may that continue .

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Love him, he has a lot of passion for Albion. Maybe it's because his playing career finished at Brighton and he was well looked after who knows? He played for Portsmouth five times as many games compared to his stint with us does anyone know if he has the same affiliation with them?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
He used to live down our way and I often bumped into him in Tesco. He always had time to stop and talk and was always willing to talk about football and Albion in particular. He's an excellent co-commentator who reads the game really well. I would much rather listen to him than some of the DULLARDS you see and hear on TV (BT Sport in particular)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here