Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mosque shooting in Christchurch, NZ

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whatever you think, Enoch had a point - human beings split down tribal lines and many seem incapable of getting on. We see it time and time again with these acts of violence masquerading as this or that ideology. I firmly believe it will get worse as pressures of climate change and mass migration strain coexistence and gives rise to more and more extremism.

No, he really didn't.

The irony is the policy of bringing in cheap labour from the colonies after the war was....his.

The man was a narcissistic prick.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
To be fair, this is a city that's gone through a pretty shitty 10 years with the earthquakes and now this. "Resilient" is an over used word about Chch within NZ, but I really can't think of a better word to use.

Yeah, I was there a couple of weeks ago, and we were staggered by the scale of the damage cause by the quakes, and the huge amount of work still to be done. Yet, people were quietly and cheerfully carrying on with their lives. It's a friendly, laid-back city, getting back on its feet. And very international, of course, with tourists from everywhere. A very "soft" target for cowards from another country.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No, he really didn't.

The irony is the policy of bringing in cheap labour from the colonies after the war was....his.

The man was a narcissistic prick.

See other subsequent responses HWT

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Just seen the head cam footage of this abhorrent atrocity, make no mistake the guy is a cold hearted and seemingly trained killer with possible military background?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
[tweet]1106471346303754240[/tweet]

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Just seen the head cam footage of this abhorrent atrocity, make no mistake the guy is a cold hearted and seemingly trained killer with possible military background?

Was playing something that sounded like Serbian like music and had Serbian like names written on the gun according to my Croat workmate. Given the conflict and quite a few of them live out here who knows who he has links with.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Racist scum. I hope they catch them all.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
As a Muslim, obviously I am heartbroken but really not surprised. Around the world the flames of other-hood are being fanned by nationalists and I have felt less safe as a Muslim walking around my own hometown than I did in the months and years after 911. Instead of fearing the government, I have learned to fear my neighbor.

Unfortunately on twitter in the anonymity that the internet affords, you will find a lot of support for the shooter, a lot of crass comments, and give us some insight to what a much larger silent group think and feel. This was not a small cell or lone wolf attack. They never are.

I write this to bring attention to the following: killing people is not normal. Violent extremism is a mental virus, a virus that can infect any one of us or our communities. The atrocities that people commit cannot be ascribed to the nature of their race, or their faith, or their language. It is a function of that mental virus. As long as we do not address this environment, these events will recur.

My condolences to those who are left behind to deal with this world. Including us.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As a Muslim, obviously I am heartbroken but really not surprised. Around the world the flames of other-hood are being fanned by nationalists and I have felt less safe as a Muslim walking around my own hometown than I did in the months and years after 911. Instead of fearing the government, I have learned to fear my neighbor.

Unfortunately on twitter in the anonymity that the internet affords, you will find a lot of support for the shooter, a lot of crass comments, and give us some insight to what a much larger silent group think and feel. This was not a small cell or lone wolf attack. They never are.

I write this to bring attention to the following: killing people is not normal. Violent extremism is a mental virus, a virus that can infect any one of us or our communities. The atrocities that people commit cannot be ascribed to the nature of their race, or their faith, or their language. It is a function of that mental virus. As long as we do not address this environment, these events will recur.

My condolences to those who are left behind to deal with this world. Including us.
Good post, I wholeheartedly agree.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I can only wonder how bad it must be to feel like that, and face the comments you see.

I write this to bring attention to the following: killing people is not normal. Violent extremism is a mental virus, a virus that can infect any one of us or our communities. The atrocities that people commit cannot be ascribed to the nature of their race, or their faith, or their language. It is a function of that mental virus.
Surely some atrocities can be ascribed to someone's faith, if they're killing because of their faith?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has anyone yet turned their attention to how a Lone Wolf white supremacy nutter was able to accumulate such an arsenal of weapons with which to slaughter the innocent? NZ security can't be THAT naive shirley? ???

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/15/18266859/new-zealand-shooting-video-social-media-manipulation

Thought this was a great read, the guy is incredibly aware of the current climate. He hit just about every single buzzword possible in his manifesto (which I refuse to dedicate time to reading myself).

What an absolute scumbag, I don't know if they have the death penalty in NZ but he should be put down, he is not someone who can be rehabbed, and being allowed to live out his life in prison is far too kind. The fact that he live streamed it sounds like something out of Black Mirror.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only if you ascribe hooliganism to a club if the perpetrators do it in the name of their club.
The point that was made that people can have a mental virus that makes them commit these crimes. That can happen, but that's not the only cause of violence. Some people, who would otherwise not want to cause violence, do so because they believe it's what their god wants. They wouldn't do it were it not for their religion. They wouldn't do it because of some internal mental virus.

You can liken it to football hooliganism if you like, but I don't think it's a great comparison.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

LBC this morning were inundated on Twatter by racist posters “high fiving” these murders. Apparently, it’s been the same across the USA today.

Hopefully the rest of, whatever our background or beliefs, unite to alienate the haters of all extremes.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Why would you want to watch it?

I see one of our lesser respected right wing newspapers have decided to share video with the public. When I saw who it was I wasn't surprised...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Why would you want to watch it?

I see one of our lesser respected right wing newspapers have decided to share video with the public. When I saw who it was I wasn't surprised...

Because it's human curiosity whether you like it or not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here