Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mosque shooting in Christchurch, NZ

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
What a scummy post on a thread about innocent people just murdered and the participants.

I'd have thought it was the idiots that are trying to provoke an argument on here that were making scummy posts. You are obviously a bit thick so I'll leave it there so as not to unintentionally allow you to derail the thread.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Tw@t. Obviously to show that although I have concerns about a religion, I don't feel hate for those that choose to follow it. Also, I don't have time to get in to the same debate over and over again on here. As I said RIP. Not the time or place for a binfest.

I totally agree. But your earlier unsolicited post, and then calling someone a **** for merely asking why, and then calling posters idiots......is a very strange way to behave. I’ll leave this here.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Right wing facists disgraceful this type of hate crime terrorist attack provides fuel to those have extremist thoughts as such it must be condemned by every right minded individual.

I watched a video on the BBC web page that reportedly showed the arrest of one of the attackers two police officers appear to have rammed the attackers car and one officer with little thought for his personal safety runs round to the drivers side pulls open the door and drags the driver out to then be joined by a second officer to arrest the suspect all while knowing this person is suspected of murdering 40 individuals and having planted bombs in cars could have been wired to blow himself and the arresting officer is completly selfless bravery

My thoughts and prayers go out to those who have be affected

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
IMG_20190315_083407.jpg

Unbelievable

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wellesley will not be contributing further to this thread (and I wasn't the person who banned him). There's no need for abusing others just a few hours after a terrorist attack.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
BBC reporting that the Bangladeshi cricket team should have been at the mosque but we're delayed and escaped.

Wonder if they were the target.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I wonder if the angry white guys who constantly post "wakey wakey" style stuff on social will have a day off today, or even show some contrition. Someone I know (and still watch, with a kind of fascinated horror I ideally need to drop) was at it yesterday evening

Doubt it. In response to this attack I saw someone post the Rivers of Blood speech, or the bit everyone knows and asked people to share if they now realise Enoch Powell was correct. Sheesh!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Social media has a lot to answer for. Even I've seen references to Knights Templar & Turning Point, but if you report it, you get told it doesn't breach any rules.

A horrible tragedy in an unexpected place.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Before several people were removed from NSC (and I sincerely wish they are not let back on again, for the third or fourth time) I and several others pointed out that every time there was an 'Isis' sympathizing atrocity the people involved are almost by definition mentally ill (the spectrum includes personality disorder, lack of empathy, paranoia and delusion, normally coupled with poor education, sexual rejection and lack of mates). The people now banned from NSC (for abuse, homophobia, and other twattery) always called me and others mugs, deluded etc. I stand by my views.

Equally I would classify the latest anti-muslim atrocity as a manifestation of mental illness. Just like Brevic.

The only reason I say this is that just as Islam is not responsible for Isis, Christianity and 'white culture' is not responsible for what we call 'right wing' terrorism.

This is a statement of the bleedin' obvious for most of us. But I still consider it is a point worth making.

The people I have real contempt for are the agitators who never get their hands dirty, and who sit in comfort somewhere (as Bin Ladin did) tossing themselves off with glee at every outrage.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Shocked and saddened to see such bloodshed.

Saddened but unsurprised to see people on this thread, in the Australian Senate, and elsewhere using unimaginable human tragedy as another excuse to have a go at Islam.

My niece works as a doctor in the hospital in Christchurch, so bound to be caught up in the aftermath in some small way (although she doesn't work in A&E, so unlikely to be directly involved at the moment).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Doubt it. In response to this attack I saw someone post the Rivers of Blood speech, or the bit everyone knows and asked people to share if they now realise Enoch Powell was correct. Sheesh!

Whatever you think, Enoch had a point - human beings split down tribal lines and many seem incapable of getting on. We see it time and time again with these acts of violence masquerading as this or that ideology. I firmly believe it will get worse as pressures of climate change and mass migration strain coexistence and gives rise to more and more extremism.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Whatever you think, Enoch had a point - human beings split down tribal lines and many seem incapable of getting on. We see it time and time again with these acts of violence masquerading as this or that ideology. I firmly believe it will get worse as pressures of climate change and mass migration strain coexistence and gives rise to more and more extremism.

All the more reason to fight extremism and try to bring people together, rather than to try and whip it up.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Before several people were removed from NSC (and I sincerely wish they are not let back on again, for the third or fourth time) I and several others pointed out that every time there was an 'Isis' sympathizing atrocity the people involved are almost by definition mentally ill (the spectrum includes personality disorder, lack of empathy, paranoia and delusion, normally coupled with poor education, sexual rejection and lack of mates). The people now banned from NSC (for abuse, homophobia, and other twattery) always called me and others mugs, deluded etc. I stand by my views.

Equally I would classify the latest anti-muslim atrocity as a manifestation of mental illness. Just like Brevic.

The only reason I say this is that just as Islam is not responsible for Isis, Christianity and 'white culture' is not responsible for what we call 'right wing' terrorism.

This is a statement of the bleedin' obvious for most of us. But I still consider it is a point worth making.

The people I have real contempt for are the agitators who never get their hands dirty, and who sit in comfort somewhere (as Bin Ladin did) tossing themselves off with glee at every outrage.

And, as if further proof was needed Senator Fraser Anning makes your point completley.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

The speech itself was merely propaganda and bluster born form the fear Enoch Powell had that “the black man would get the whip hand in Britain” if their rights weren’t curtailed. Which is what this speech was designed to do.
Most people don’t know the speech in full or it’s context. He doesn’t even use the phrase “rivers of blood”.

As for your theory that we are all tribes who cannot ever get along? Well, my nephews and nieces play quite happily with other children of all races and religions without any trouble caused by their religion or heritage. The hatred and prejudices are nurtured into children as they grow up. It’s a self perpetuating myth that people of different races can’t get on.
I’m constantly receiving the message that Islam is an evil faith , yet every Muslim I know seems perfectly pleasant and not in the least hell bent on destroying western civilisation. Maybe it’s just cos I haven’t asked them? They may secretly hate me?

And as far as I can tell the black man hasn’t wrested the whip from the white hands of power just yet.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
All the more reason to fight extremism and try to bring people together, rather than to try and whip it up.
Agreed although interpretation is key and the human race has proved incapable of getting on since before region existed.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
For a start the speech itself was merely propaganda and bluster born form the fear Enoch Powell had that “the black man would get the whip hand in Britain” if their rights weren’t curtailed. Which is why this speech was designed to do.
Most people
Don’t know the speech in full or it’s context. He doesn’t even use the phrase “rivers of blood”.

As for your theory that we are all tribes who cannot ever get along? Well, my nephews and nieces play quite happily with other children of all races and religions without any trouble caused by their religion or heritage. The hatred and prejudices are nurtured into children as they grow up. It’s a self perpetuating myth that people of different races can’t get on.
I’m constantly receiving the message that Islam is an evil faith , yet every Muslim I know seems perfectly pleasant and not in the least hell bent on destroying western civilisation. Maybe it’s just cos I haven’t asked them? They may secretly hate me?

And as far as I can tell the black man hasn’t wrested the whip from the white hands of power just yet.

I don’t mean everyone, but in the general sense. As someone once said, history is wars interrupted by peace treaties and I believe they have a point.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here