[NSC] Running Brighton Marathon for REMF

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hi everyone

This year, after a three year break, I am once again running Brighton Marathon to raise money for REMF. Link below.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jason-thackeray5

I am the only REMF runner in a huge field this time round. Everyone else involved with the charity is playing for the fotball team instead because it's a) a lot more fun and b) they get to kick Palace fans. I, however am to football what the Palace Ultras are to having a sense of reality and therefore I ended up with the 26.2 mile run. Yay.

Talking of Palace, on the day before our GLORIOUS VICTORY, REMF donated £2500 to Croydon FC who had lost pretty much everything in their club house after a break in by thieves and vandals. It's donations like that and like the money recently given to enhance facilities at Denton and South Heighton JFC that are the things that have been keeping me going during a ridiculously windy last few weeks of training (well that and racing [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION]).

So if you have just a few spare pennies or pounds to donate to OUR charity I promise I will do everything I can to get round the course with a big smile on my face. Maybe your sports club could be next for a donation?

Many thanks in advance for whatever you can give.

GB

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I’ll stick some money in there for REMF.
I’d like to point out that I don’t race marathons. I do them for the masochistic pleasure of pain and failure.
I’ll see you at the start line and hopefully once more before the finish. Good luck.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Good luck with this GB.
I admire anyone that can run a marathon, it would probably take me 3 days to walk that distance.

Well done to REMF for the donation to Croydon FC, I saw the photos of the damage to the club house.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Some very kind donations on here, thanks to everyone who's contributed so far :thumbsup:

Still three days to go!

*shakes tin*

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Unstuck post.

Finished in 4.16.16. Pretty bad cramp and a headwind turned the last third in to a nightmare but there was no way I wasn't going to finish. Thanks for all the kind donations that came in from NSC folk :thumbsup:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well done. It looked really tough running into that headwind from the power station. I saw you (REMF on back of your shirt) at power station and you were just behind (about 20 metres) the 4 hour pacer, but another 4 hour paced had already passed about 2 minutes earlier!

You looked ok. Did you lose a lot on the pacers in the final few miles or were they a bit slower than expected?

REMF and those it helps are the winners !

Well done anyway - great cause and massive achievement just to finish

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Well done. It looked really tough running into that headwind from the power station. I saw you (REMF on back of your shirt) at power station and you were just behind (about 20 metres) the 4 hour pacer, but another 4 hour paced had already passed about 2 minutes earlier!

You looked ok. Did you lose a lot on the pacers in the final few miles or were they a bit slower than expected?

REMF and those it helps are the winners !

Well done anyway - great cause and massive achievement just to finish

There were three 4 hour pacers. One went off like a loon and then declared he was pacing people to 3.50! I managed to stay ahead of the other two for 21 miles but, when they went past, it was game over and get over the line any way you can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here