Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yves Bissouma - a potential top central midfielder in the making?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
bissouma2.jpg

In the summer of 2018 Brighton & Hove Albion went on a fascinating shopping spree in their bid to consolidate themselves in the Premier League following a successful debut season in the top flight. The Seagulls ignored the tried and trusted names and sought out lesser known players from around the European leagues. One such name was Malian international Yves Bissouma, who made the move from Lille OSC for a fee of £15.2 million.

Bissouma has not yet made the central midfield spot his own since his move to the South Coast, as manager Chris Hughton has remained largely faithful to the players that secured Premier League safety last season. Sitting in 15th place, with a five-point cushion from the drop zone with a game in hand, it would seem Hughton’s strategy has been vindicated as he slowly integrates his summer signings into the side.

Still, through a mixture of substitute appearances and intermittent starts, Bissouma has played 1,194 minutes of Premier League action so far and has put up some interesting numbers on both sides of the ball. Continuing from some impressive-looking output for Lille, these numbers may have alerted some of the continent’s big clubs in La Liga or beyond to a potential young central midfield talent that can contribute to both the attacking and defensive phases of play. Indeed, before his move to Albion, he had been occasionally touted as a potential long-term replacement for Mousa Dembele at Tottenham.

The question therefore, is Yves Bissouma a potential top central midfielder in the making?

More>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If he can stop giving the ball away, I thought the first half v Palace was a horror show from him, then he could be.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The player most likely to be swooped on by a top six club but I think we will have at least another season from him :thumbsup:

Potentially World Class imo

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The player most likely to be swooped on by a top six club but I think we will have at least another season from him :thumbsup:

Potentially World Class imo

He's just got something hasn't he. He can be very frustrating when he loses the ball in a dangerous position, I am sure this is why he is not a regular, but he is a very exciting player and he played exceptionally well in the home win over Palace.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Great to watch and hope he plays every game. However to sum up would mark him in most games 8/9 for 60mins and 2/3 for other 30min

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A question of how long can we hang onto to him before a top side comes with an offer we can't turn down

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would be nice if, for once, the hype surrounding a player was just one or two steps ahead of his development.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Some very big holes in his game currently but has the physicality and raw ability to be a very good player indeed. How he will train on, only time will tell but the potential is there for sure. Needs games and to learn some game management in particular.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I love how whenever he gets the ball he's invariably able to use his pace AND strength to push past the 1st man and burst into space. Plus he is beautifully skilful.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love how whenever he gets the ball he's invariably able to use his pace AND strength to push past the 1st man and burst into space. Plus he is beautifully skilful.

It's just a shame that after that invariably it all goes horribly wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here