Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] A threadful of your favourite singer/songwriter songs

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Fred Neil singing Dolphins which was also covered by my earlier contribution Tim Buckley. Fred Neil was also the writer of "Everybody's Talkin" which was famously covered by the other singer songwriter Harry Nilsson for the film "Midnight Cowboy"....

https://youtu.be/b8g_j5y2OK4

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Mainstream - two of the great songwriting talents

The 'backing band' aren't bad either

Fully agree - "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" is an awesome track and I had the privilege of seeing him perform it live at the DLWP a couple of months ago. Gently witty as well, there is a BBC 4 (I think) documentary on YouTube - in it he describes how the royalties from the numerous covers of the aforementioned song have funded various additions to his home in the USA.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Al Stewart, great musician and, again, very underrated. This is my favourite:

I have plenty of Al Stewart but have never heard that before, thanks for posting. I love his lyrics, always worth listening to.

Whenever I hear the Pet Shop boys I’m struck by how similar the voices are, although not a big fan of the Neil Tennant songs

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I have plenty of Al Stewart but have never heard that before, thanks for posting. I love his lyrics, always worth listening to.

Whenever I hear the Pet Shop boys I’m struck by how similar the voices are, although not a big fan of the Neil Tennant songs

It is off the Modern Times album and inspired by Kurt Vonnegut Jnr's book.

He is touring in October - if you have not seen him live, well worth going.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is off the Modern Times album and inspired by Kurt Vonnegut Jnr's book.

He is touring in October - if you have not seen him live, well worth going.

Seen him a number of times, the last time at Worthing Assembly halls, always a good watch.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Another great Jackson Browne track:

and an alternate version by Browne and a great Italian singer/songwriter:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here