Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cardiff City (h) game re-arranged to Tue. 16th April @ 7::45pm

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure I read somewhere it's likely to be 2nd or 3rd April. I think it was the Cardiff equivalent of The Argus

Will refunds be available if you can't make it? Just hope it's not 2nd April,

Cardiff v Chelsea is on Sunday 31st, so likely date that week would be Wednesday 3rd.
Against who though?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was all so much simpler when we were shite. Roof blown off at Moss Rose? Postponed. Pitch subsided at Withdean? Play our home game against Brentford at....Griffin Park. Nobody batted an eyelid. :lolol:

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
We play them both on the same day. One after the other, or they could even play us both at the same time. The pitch would be a bit crowded, but it would ease our fixture congestion.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I get there are issues agreeing a new date for Chelsea (a) as they are still in Europe but does anyone know why we cannot quickly reschedule the Cardiff (h) game? As there are no FAC replays required, a look at the calendar shows we could easily play mid week any time in April 2019 - so why the delay? :shrug:

I think the league are probably waiting for the outcome of our game at Millwall before we’ll find out as they’ll need to look at new dates for 3 games for us because the Spurs game will then also move (Cardiff, Chelsea & Spurs). They will probably want to first find suitable dates to re-arrange Spurs & Chelsea because of their European commitments and then fit the Cardiff game in with what is left !

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Chelsea won tonight, so we can’t wait for them any longer and just need to get the Cardiff game sorted quickly.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Suspect we may want to put Cardiff mid week in last week of season

So we can either win to stay or lose ( if already safe ) to make sure Burnley go down

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We play them both on the same day. One after the other, or they could even play us both at the same time. The pitch would be a bit crowded, but it would ease our fixture congestion.

We used to do that in the sussex Sunday FL. I seem to remember we had games in we played two games in one...45 minutes per game. The year we had a horrendous winter with snow and waterlogged pitches it happened.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We used to do that in the sussex Sunday FL. I seem to remember we had games in we played two games in one...45 minutes per game. The year we had a horrendous winter with snow and waterlogged pitches it happened.

Double headers. Played the same team home and away over two one hour halves. Remember losing first match/half 1-0 and winning second half/match 6-0 and taking 3 points each. Some debate over whether a player sent off in first half could play in the second. He did and got booked !!

I think we had only played about 8 league matches up to mid March and had to fit in 12 games by end April.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My head hurts.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
So, if the semi final is on Saturday 6th does that mean that we will not have a rearranged game on Wed 3rd ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here