Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cardiff City (h) game re-arranged to Tue. 16th April @ 7::45pm

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I get there are issues agreeing a new date for Chelsea (a) as they are still in Europe but does anyone know why we cannot quickly reschedule the Cardiff (h) game? As there are no FAC replays required, a look at the calendar shows we could easily play mid week any time in April 2019 - so why the delay? :shrug:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Although I sincerely hope not, there is a potential free Saturday for both us and Cardiff on April 6th.

Big set of if's, but

If we lose to Millwall and
If Man City beat Swansea and
If Spurs new Stadium is NOT ready for April 6th

We could play Cardiff on April 6th as we are due to play at Spurs, and they are due to play Man City.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Although I sincerely hope not, there is a potential free Saturday for both us and Cardiff on April 6th.

Big set of if's, but

We could play Cardiff on April 6th as we are due to play at Spurs, and they are due to play Man City.

So would they cancel our Spurs game on the Sunday and play Cardiff instead? I thought they said us or Palace will be the first game.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I get there are issues agreeing a new date for Chelsea (a) as they are still in Europe but does anyone know why we cannot quickly reschedule the Cardiff (h) game? As there are no FAC replays required, a look at the calendar shows we could easily play mid week any time in April 2019 - so why the delay? :shrug:

I'm guessing we want to re-arrange Chelsea first, in case we arrange the Cardiff one for a date Chelsea can do.

Basics of diary planning, slot the trickiest one in first.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So would they cancel our Spurs game on the Sunday and play Cardiff instead? I thought they said us or Palace will be the first game.

If we lose to Millwall but Spurs new stadium is not ready on April 6th, it would be called off anyway as the FA Cup semi-finals are that weekend so Wembley is not available. Then as Cardiff are due to play Man City that weekend, if City are still in the cup that would be called off, so we could potentially play Cardiff that weekend instead of Spurs.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

I think the reason for the delay is UEFA don't like top flight games clashing with their competitions. April 23/24 which is the only midweek (other than April 5/6) we could do. We can't play Chelsea on 23/24 as they play on the 22nd. So we will play on the 23rd or 24th April, either Spurs-A or Cardiff-H depending on Sunday's result.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If we lose to Millwall but Spurs new stadium is not ready on April 6th, it would be called off anyway as the FA Cup semi-finals are that weekend so Wembley is not available. Then as Cardiff are due to play Man City that weekend, if City are still in the cup that would be called off, so we could potentially play Cardiff that weekend instead of Spurs.
Miss Scarlet, in the drawing room, with the lead piping.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Big set of if's, but

If you’re not doing Latin, then move your clothes down to a lower peg if you have a letter from matron.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

I see they are having test events on 24th and 30th. Should be ready unless...…..

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Big set of if's, but

You have far too much time on your hands !

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
There an advantage to both us and Cardiff by playing the game in the next few weeks (depending on who gets the points)!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Mrs Nose says can the game kick off at about 4.10pm so I can do a few odd jobs in the morning, have lunch with her, make my way to the ground, then not be too late home when we've finished. She'd also like us to win 7-0 so I'm in a really good mood when I get home. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think they should just bin it and give each team 1.5 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here