Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we going to beat Palace THRICE this season?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I wouldn't want that scenario. I think they have a better squad than us at the moment, as they should do having a few more seasons in the premier league to build it up.

I know we won the home game fair and square, but as much as I enjoyed last Saturday game, I'm in no illusion that it was a smash and grab win. Two cracking finishes, one due to a mistake by the defence/wind for the first goal, without many others of note. The defensive side was brilliant, which we seem to try in most away games, not usually as successfully.

Last edited:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I wouldn't want that scenario. I think they have a better squad than us at the moment, as they should do having a few more seasons in the premier league to build up their squad.

I know we won the home game fair and square, but as much as I enjoyed last Saturday game, I'm in no illusion that it was a smash and grab win. Two cracking finishes, one due to a mistake by the defence/wind for the first goal, without many others of note. The defensive side was brilliant, which we seem to try in most away games, not usually as successfully.

I think that is very fair comment. Take away the two superb goals, and our excitement at the result, but had we lost, then the knives would have been out for CH with his usual emphasis on defence. Yes, we played well at the back, but there wasn't much else going forward.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The thought of palace in the semi turns my stomach. All the good work of the double could be consigned to failure if we lost that game and feels like the play offs all over again.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There are two distinct obstacles to that scenario.

We have to beat Millwall.
Palace have to beat Watford.

We are getting ahead of ourselves.

Thumbs up.....tough game Saturday.....FA Cup great leveller...and they have home advantage....think I'll take it one match minute at a time

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There's never been an all-Manchester FA Cup Final to date.

The FA would be salivating at the thought of this.

So it's probably unlikely we'd play Palace. :wink:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
There are two distinct obstacles to that scenario.

We have to beat Millwall.
Palace have to beat Watford.

We are getting ahead of ourselves.

I think we’ll be too strong for Millwall, and Palace have been excellent away, so, not too far beyond the realms of possibility. IMO.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
[/B]

I think that is very fair comment. Take away the two superb goals, and our excitement at the result, but had we lost, then the knives would have been out for CH with his usual emphasis on defence. Yes, we played well at the back, but there wasn't much else going forward.

Really, honestly?

Over two games Palace managed to score two penalties. No goal in open play, whereas the Albion scored 5 FIVE goals.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Unfortunately, I think Palace will win at the weekend. Their pride must be massively dented from losing twice to such a grossly inferior side as us :lol: and they'll be desperate to put on a decent performance for their fans.

Also, there's a bit of bad feeling between Palace & Watford owing to Watford fans' recognition of Zaha for what he is, and I think Watford are up on results so far this season, so it's basically nailed on that they'll cock it up when it matters.

Whisper it quietly: I'd rather lose to Millwall in the quarters than Palace in the semi/ final.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We've beat Palace twice this season. Once with 10 men. We've got a team who clearly understand the importance of the game. We're smashing in screamers left right and centre against them. We put them out of last years FA Cup. Still we've got people coming on here with an inferiority complex, shi***ng it at the prospect of another game. (That's despite that two results and a draw have to occur for the fixture to even happen).

On your feet NSC. Stop looking at your toes. They're a tough game, but we don't need to fear them now. Those dark days were long, but they are gone. Time for them to fear us.

I want them to lose against Watford, but if we both go through and the other games go to form, I want Palace in the semi. Quite apart from the chance to beat them 3 times in a season, it surely represents our best shot of getting to a cup final

Sep 10, 2010
We've beat Palace twice this season. Once with 10 men. We've got a team who clearly understand the importance of the game. We're smashing in screamers left right and centre against them. We put them out of last years FA Cup. Still we've got people coming on here with an inferiority complex, shi***ng it at the prospect of another game. (That's despite that two results and a draw have to occur for the fixture to even happen).

On your feet NSC. Stop looking at your toes. They're a tough game, but we don't need to fear them now. Those dark days were long, but they are gone. Time for them to fear us.

I want them to lose against Watford, but if we both go through and the other games go to form, I want Palace in the semi. Quite apart from the chance to beat them 3 times in a season, it surely represents our best shot of getting to a cup final

Like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
[/B]

Two goals from two attacks is what is known as ''Deadly Efficiency'' - The KGB couldn't have done better !

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Neither would we.

Can't imagine the Met are keen on us meeting in the semi. They struggle to deal with 2,500 visitors - imagine 35,000 + on each side descending on the same part of London. Carnage.

Not just the same part of London. It would be the same trains too. Mayhem all the way. That's if we both win though. Not a forgone conclusion.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I wouldn't want that scenario. I think they have a better squad than us at the moment, as they should do having a few more seasons in the premier league to build it up.

Yes - take away the two goals and a good defensive display, and where would we have been?? Take away Liverpool's three goals tonight - I reckon they might have lost!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd be quite happy to exit the FA Cup and not play them at all, all that matters this season is Premier League survival.

It's ok, l know l am in a minority of one.

I'm the same, i couldn't care less if we don't meet them in the cup - the league is more important IMO.

So, a neverending target of 17th in the table, with never a sniff of silverware. Or a chance of inflicting a historic, once-in-a-lifetime, cataclysmic eternal bragging-rights defeat on our greatest rivals, at the home of football, in front of 80,000, and the World.

Nah. Lets finish between Cardiff and Saints instead, and aim for 17th again next year. THERE'S something to tell the grandkids :rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[/B]

And Ryan came off the pitch an exhausted wreck at the string of saves he had to carve out all afternoon, just to try to keep us in touch with them as they PEPPERED our goal...

Oh...hang on. I think we did a pretty good away performance there. Nigh on perfect in fact...but I guess we were lucky.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
So, a neverending target of 17th in the table, with never a sniff of silverware. Or a chance of inflicting a historic, once-in-a-lifetime, cataclysmic eternal bragging-rights defeat on our greatest rivals, at the home of football, in front of 80,000, and the World.

Nah. Lets finish between Cardiff and Saints instead, and aim for 17th again next year. THERE'S something to tell the grandkids :rolleyes:

Yeah this is an attitude that's been hacking me off over the last 2 years. I'm not saying we should be trying for Europe, but we should be looking to improve every year and taking cup run opportunities when they present themselves. This whole "17th is all that matters" is total bollocks. What's wrong with aiming for 12th and the odd domestic cup final? Is it too much to ask for a modicum of more ambition from Brighton fans?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No way would I want them. They are so jammy they’d beat us. Always seem to land on their feet. Praying for a Watford win here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here