Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] George Parris having a breather?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He was working in hospitality at the club. He was in our 1901 lounge maybe a couple of seasons ago. I think he said he was working for West Ham too. Chatted with him about that goal, I was also in the South Stand. Seemed a nice bloke. It was so funny, all the Rovers fans were screaming to their keeper and he said afterwards that he ignored them because he thought it was the Brighton fans giving him grief.:lolol:

Last edited:

bhabloke

Oct 18, 2003
Mile Oak
Look out for the special constable walking behind the goal as it happens. She's now my wife! Her claim to fame is that shes been on question of sport:)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Two-defeat-Notts-County.html#article-6801827

Brought back memories of sitting in the stand as a teenager just behind George Parris' cheeky but perfectly legal trick on the Bristol Rovers goalkeeper. I think Denny Mundee scored the other goal from the penalty spot. A Goldstone memory that has stuck.

In the words of the late John Travolta - Wonder what George is doing now?

Excuse my vague and old memory, was that also the match where the smoke bomb got chucked on the pitch, not for the sneaky goal? Or was that a George Parris goal in another game?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Excuse my vague and old memory, was that also the match where the smoke bomb got chucked on the pitch, not for the sneaky goal? Or was that a George Parris goal in another game?

Quite possibly, though I can't remember that particular detail. Somebody else will no doubt have a better memory than me.

The 4-0 hammering of Wrexham was another enjoyable game around a similar time(1995ish). Seem to recall we scored all the goals in one half, in the North Stand goal. Junior McDougald played like the Ronaldo from last night. Well, almost.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Remenber that one clearly it also appeared on Dvd comperlation by Nick Hancock ( remeber him) i think he also wrote a book called " and smith must score" the "what ifs" of football. Parris was our womens manager before Powell joined i think not sure if he is still about in some capacity?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sneaky George! I remember THAT goal!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here