Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson. Did he really just say that?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ok, there is an element of principle, and I assume that this your point, but might it not be simply that he is voting for her deal, as he sees it as a lukewarm exit, whereas JRM wants what he thinks the majority actually voted for.

She, but yes, she's fulfilling the people wishes even though she doesn't agree with it. But everyone on the Leave side said we would leave with a deal before the referendum, so they're changing the goalposts now if they want to leave without one.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ok, there is an element of principle, and I assume that this your point, but might it not be simply that he is voting for her deal, as he sees it as a lukewarm exit, whereas JRM wants what he thinks the majority actually voted for.

She, but yes, she's fulfilling the people wishes even though she doesn't agree with it. But everyone on the Leave side said we would leave with a deal before the referendum, so they're changing the goalposts now if they want to leave without one.

.. And now, despite being loyal to the prime minister, and voting for the Leave deal despite it being against both her and her constituents wishes because the nation voted leave, she has been forced to resign from government after voting for a motion that the government brought itself, supported and originally offered a free vote on, and didn't vote for the Spelman amendment as instructed.

Absolute farce, despite my disdain for the tories this MP is ten times the person that the PM is or any of these Erg ******** are

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hopefully now finished.

If it wasn't for Brexit this would dominate the headlines tomorrow.

Simple one of the most odious public figures in my lifetime.

This isn't an issue of left or right. He is simply another in the Jeffrey Archer vein who is riding of the coat tails of politics to advance their own career.

I hope (for Democracy sake) the Tories publicly disown him.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hopefully now finished.

If it wasn't for Brexit this would dominate the headlines tomorrow.

Simple one of the most odious public figures in my lifetime.

This isn't an issue of left or right. He is simply another in the Jeffrey Archer vein who is riding of the coat tails of politics to advance their own career.

I hope (for Democracy sake) the Tories publicly disown him.

I don’t think I’ve ever grown to despise a politician more than him over such a relatively short time. He really is a wretched figure devoid of any honour or credibility. Dangerous in fact. How he’s still on the scene I don’t know. Beyond redemption in my view.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don’t think I’ve ever grown to despise a politician more than him over such a relatively short time. He really is a wretched figure devoid of any honour or credibility. Dangerous in fact. How he’s still on the scene I don’t know. Beyond redemption in my view.
So I read a lot of political biographies, the more I read the more I struggle to define myself as either left or right.

I do think back to Thatcher and one of her abilities (we can argue about that) was her ability to spot a wrong'un.

She would have destroyed Johnson.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So I read a lot of political biographies, the more I read the more I struggle to define myself as either left or right.

I do think back to Thatcher and one of her abilities (we can argue about that) was her ability to spot a wrong'un.

She would have destroyed Johnson.

I think you’re right although she didn’t spot Saville (along with many others)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

You serious? This is the woman who gave Jimmy Savile a knighthood. The woman who refused to believe police when she said that Peter Morrison was guilty of child abuse,and the woman who made Jeffrey Archer deputy chairman of the Tory party.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Harsh Nomad.
Can't really say that all 650 are scum.
Bit like saying we are all ignorant gits on NSC.
Oh hang on a minute.:D[emoji23]
He has a point

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He is a dangerous piece of work.

Never right him off until he is 100% dead in the water.

Disgraceful man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well, as a Tory voter, he has never been my choice for leader, let alone PM.
Rather similar to the sensible Labour voters who don't want Corbyn as leader and certainly not as PM.
What a state British politics is in.

Spot on.

We’re in this ridiculous position of polarized politics which is leaving us stuck.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Spot on.

We’re in this ridiculous position of polarized politics which is leaving us stuck.

In the old days this usually meant a civil war. What price if we don’t leave?!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You serious? This is the woman who gave Jimmy Savile a knighthood. The woman who refused to believe police when she said that Peter Morrison was guilty of child abuse,and the woman who made Jeffrey Archer deputy chairman of the Tory party.

Yes I am serious. I'm no fan of Thatcher at all.

Deputy Chairman of the Tory Party ? It's a non role. It was done to nullify him when he was popular with the party membership. Cynical because he was good at fundraising but even Thatcher knew has was trouble.

She f##### up with Saville, but so did the NHS and the BBC.

My point was that EVEN Thatcher would have got the nuance that he was popular with the membership but toxic longer term. The Tory party is in such a sorry state that it can't even nullify Johnson.

That's my point.

Think back, Jeffrey Archer thinking he had a stab at the PM role. That's where we are.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The man is the absolute worst. Gone is the faux-baffled, befuddled fool of years gone by, replaced by a serial liar and political opportunist, trying to attract the lowest common denominator to his fetid cause. He's a disgrace.

It was always an act.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I'm not familiar with the word "spaffing". It must have been invented after I left those shores. What does it mean? Can I use it in a sermon?

2 Timothy 2:22
Now flee from youthful lusts (and spaffing), and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.

Genesis 2:18
Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a spaffing helper suitable for him."

HTH.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
2 Timothy 2:22
Now flee from youthful lusts (and spaffing), and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.

Genesis 2:18
Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a spaffing helper suitable for him."

HTH.

Ah, must be a different translation. :) :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here