Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rescheduled games

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Not counting a win this weekend against Millwall we still have 2 games that, as far as I can see, haven't yet been rescheduled.

Cardiff and Chelsea

Cardiff, I imagine can be during a weekday but Chelsea, if they're still in Europe, what are the possible dates for these games to be replayed?

Thanks

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I know this has been discussed recently but I am also interested in this, I think [MENTION=5]Turkey[/MENTION] had a good idea of when games could/couldn't be played?

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
Best guess at moment is April 3rd almost certainly Chelsea (A), small chance Cardiff (H). This has to be Wednesday 3rd as Chelsea/Cardiff playing on the previous Sunday.
April 23/24 Either Cardiff (H) or Spurs (A)

Things will be clarified on Monday I would imagine

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Cripes. Just booked a day out on the 27th March. I know that date will be OK but only goes to show how we have to keep dates clear in the future. Going to fill in my diary with lots of 'might be'.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Best guess at moment is April 3rd almost certainly Chelsea (A), small chance Cardiff (H). This has to be Wednesday 3rd as Chelsea/Cardiff playing on the previous Sunday.
April 23/24 Either Cardiff (H) or Spurs (A)

Things will be clarified on Monday I would imagine

Cheers dude, that is most helpful.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If the cup final ends up being Brighton v Man City, could we just have a 'winner takes all' match at Wembley and then play Cardiff instead of City on the final day of the season? :jester:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If the cup final ends up being Brighton v Man City, could we just have a 'winner takes all' match at Wembley and then play Cardiff instead of City on the final day of the season? :jester:
Indeed.

We could play Cardiff's B team at the same time as Man Utd play Cardiff's first XI.

el punal

That would be good - not only would we be Champions of England for a second time, FA Cup winners, League Cup winners, and take over Man City’s place in the Champions League Final. Yep, easy-peasy - just have to beat them on the day. :eek:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If we beat Millwall, then I believe the Spurs game will be rearranged for 23/24 April. Which would leave us still needing to schedule the Cardiff match.

https://www.brightonandhoveindependent.co.uk/sport/football/albion/brighton-to-play-premier-league-match-at-tottenham-s-new-stadium-all-the-details-here-1-8841421

If we lose to Millwall then I imagine the Cardiff game will be scheduled for one of those dates as Spurs match would go ahead on April 7.

But what about the Chelsea game?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I know this has been discussed recently but I am also interested in this, I think [MENTION=5]Turkey[/MENTION] had a good idea of when games could/couldn't be played?

I think I read, on here, that games have to be played within a month of the original date?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Yeah so to break it down, Tues/Wed dates between now and May 12th

19/20-03 - International break, no games
26/27-03 - International break, no games
02/03-04 - Possible Game
09/10-04 - Champions League and Europa League Quarter Finals (Likely to include Chelsea)
16/17-04 - Champions League and Europa League Quarter Finals (Likely to include Chelsea)
23/24-04 - Probable Game - Spurs A if we beat Millwall, perhaps Cardiff-H if we lose to Millwall.
30-04, 01-05 - Champions League and Europa League Semi Finals
07/08-05 - Champions League and Europa League Semi Finals

I'm not really sure why we haven't had a game set for April 2nd or 3rd yet. Chelsea away would be the most obvious, as both clubs are available to play. I can't see any other dates for them to play us, unless they lose in the EL Quarter-Finals and play us in the last week of the season.

We know Tottenham will be 23rd or 24th if we beat Millwall. My guess is if we lose we will play Cardiff on the 23rd or 24th. If we do play Spurs on the 23rd or 24th the Cardiff game, assuming it isn't April 2/3, will have to clash with a euro week or perhaps be played on a Monday night.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
The Chelsea game will almost certainly be 3rd April. Chelsea in Europe so not got many midweek slots free. They also play the Sunday prior so will be on Wednesday rather than Tuesday.

Spurs will probably get knocked back to 23rd/24th April again because of European fixtures, which means Cardiff will have to be squeezed again. There is precedent for 3 fixtures in a week, most likely that week late April but I imagine the club will be fighting that as much as possible.

So really it’s just the Cardiff which is unknown at the moment.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Yeah so to break it down, Tues/Wed dates between now and May 12th

19/20-03 - International break, no games
26/27-03 - International break, no games
02/03-04 - Possible Game
09/10-04 - Champions League and Europa League Quarter Finals (Likely to include Chelsea)
16/17-04 - Champions League and Europa League Quarter Finals (Likely to include Chelsea)
23/24-04 - Probable Game - Spurs A if we beat Millwall, perhaps Cardiff-H if we lose to Millwall.
30-04, 01-05 - Champions League and Europa League Semi Finals
07/08-05 - Champions League and Europa League Semi Finals

I'm not really sure why we haven't had a game set for April 2nd or 3rd yet. Chelsea away would be the most obvious, as both clubs are available to play. I can't see any other dates for them to play us, unless they lose in the EL Quarter-Finals and play us in the last week of the season.

We know Tottenham will be 23rd or 24th if we beat Millwall. My guess is if we lose we will play Cardiff on the 23rd or 24th. If we do play Spurs on the 23rd or 24th the Cardiff game, assuming it isn't April 2/3, will have to clash with a euro week or perhaps be played on a Monday night.

This is great. Do we know when it's likely to get an official announcement? How soon would this be after the FA Cup games?

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Looking at the available dates (with Spurs through to CL QF and Chelsea almost through to the EL QF (3-0 up after the 1st leg) leaves the following possibilities, assuming we beat Millwall in the FAC QF.

Weds 3 Apr - A Chelsea or H Cardiff
Sun 7 Apr – A Spurs (if we get knocked out of FAC QF)
Weds 10 Apr - H Cardiff
Spurs in CL QF 1st leg
Chelsea in EL QF 1st leg

Weds 17 Apr - H Cardiff
Spurs in CL QF 2nd leg
Chelsea in EL QF 2nd leg

Weds 24 Apr - A Spurs, H Cardiff
Thurs 25 Apr – A Chelsea (they play Burnley on Mon 22nd and Man Utd on Sun 28th)
Weds 1 May - H Cardiff
Spurs in CL SF 1st leg?
Chelsea in EL SF 1st leg?

Weds 8 May - H Cardiff
Spurs in CL SF 2nd leg?
Chelsea in EL SF 2nd leg?

On that basis, it seems possible that the most likely outcome is:

Weds 3 April – A Chelsea
Weds 1, 17 Apr or Weds 1, 8 May – H Cardiff
Weds 24 April – A Spurs (s/t Albion progressing in the FA Cup).

I suspect all will be revealed next Monday, when we know whether or not the Albion is still in the FAC.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Looking at the available dates (with Spurs through to CL QF and Chelsea almost through to the EL QF (3-0 up after the 1st leg) leaves the following possibilities, assuming we beat Millwall in the FAC QF.

Weds 3 Apr - A Chelsea or H Cardiff
Sun 7 Apr – A Spurs (if we get knocked out of FAC QF)
Weds 10 Apr - H Cardiff
Spurs in CL QF 1st leg
Chelsea in EL QF 1st leg

Weds 17 Apr - H Cardiff
Spurs in CL QF 2nd leg
Chelsea in EL QF 2nd leg

Weds 24 Apr - A Spurs, H Cardiff
Thurs 25 Apr – A Chelsea (they play Burnley on Mon 22nd and Man Utd on Sun 28th)
Weds 1 May - H Cardiff
Spurs in CL SF 1st leg?
Chelsea in EL SF 1st leg?

Weds 8 May - H Cardiff
Spurs in CL SF 2nd leg?
Chelsea in EL SF 2nd leg?

On that basis, it seems possible that the most likely outcome is:

Weds 3 April – A Chelsea
Weds 1, 17 Apr or Weds 1, 8 May – H Cardiff
Weds 24 April – A Spurs (s/t Albion progressing in the FA Cup).

I suspect all will be revealed next Monday, when we know whether or not the Albion is still in the FAC.

No PL games on during CL weeks is there?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here