Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Blimey, is that time already, had completely forgotten :) Excitement building for the Redskins will it be 6-9 -1 or 5-9-2 , only a fool would predict :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No but I took it as, like, Brady, Brees, Ryan as examples, they are about protecting the old bodies and their experience comes into play.

Trubisky looked like he had just been drafted late the night before.

I was up early enough to see him put together a precision drive, against the clock, only to cough the ball up with the most telegraphed throw we're likely to see, this season.

Gotta love the choking dogs that are Chicago, can't even score more than 10 points, at home, against the Packers in their centenary season.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I was up early enough to see him put together a precision drive, against the clock, only to cough the ball up with the most telegraphed throw we're likely to see, this season.

Gotta love the choking dogs that are Chicago, can't even score more than 10 points, at home, against the Packers in their centenary season.

A lot of expectation in the Bears camp, especially a month away from their Tottenham Death Star Stadium star billing.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
And if you needed another reason to dislike the Patriots, Antonio Brown has engineered his move there.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
After a positive feel post draft the skins seemed to have done what they always do, allow the front office to have the entire training camp and post season drag it back down.

Tbh, with the receivers they have it could go either way, but unless they can sort the hold out with Trent Williams ASAP I’m not sure whoever is at QB is going to get a lot of time to make throws. Going to need the defense and both Guice and Peterson to have a massive impact to not have a losing record this year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The commentators said Trubisky did not play preseason and that really showed. Anyone know why he didn't.

The Bears defense turned up but they need to find something on offense to help win them some games.

To be fair both teams spluttered, but love him or loath him, when you have Araon Rodgers he will get you over the line in games like this.

The Chicago crowd giving a New York crowd a run for their money in the BOOing your team stakes.

A Green Bay DB is reported as saying:-

'We wanted Teubisky to play'.

He might as well have said:-

We'll win if he throws it. Ouch.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A Green Bay DB is reported as saying:-

'We wanted Teubisky to play'.

He might as well have said:-

We'll win if he throws it. Ouch.

Tunnel vision, one dimensional QB, very similar to Marc Wilson of the Raiders in the 80’s (when they were replacing Plunkett).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
After a positive feel post draft the skins seemed to have done what they always do, allow the front office to have the entire training camp and post season drag it back down.

Tbh, with the receivers they have it could go either way, but unless they can sort the hold out with Trent Williams ASAP I’m not sure whoever is at QB is going to get a lot of time to make throws. Going to need the defense and both Guice and Peterson to have a massive impact to not have a losing record this year.

The Redskins are ****ed this season. Cowboys and Eagles is 4 defeats straight away, add in Bears, Patriots, at Vikings, at Panthers, at Packers and at Browns. They will do well to be 2-8 out of that lot, more likely to be 0-10. Factor in that the front office and coaching team seem to have no shared coherent plan it could get painful for them. At least they will get two games against the Giants who look equally as shithouse.

Oh Well, never mind.

USATSI_11419821_168381809_lowres-e1559145011232-1024x682.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
The main bunch of games are about to kick off. I have to wait until Tuesday morning for the Broncos to begin the season but hopefully the AB farce will upset the Silver & Black Clowns for the day.

For those who watched Hard Knocks, I see that Doss who featured strongly went to the Jags and signed to their practice squad. Clowns went back in for him after AB left but the Jags gave him a pay rise and he chose to stay in Jax.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Oh dear - Jets blow a 16-0 1st quarter lead against the Bills to lose 17-16. Although I'm a Giants fan I've always had a soft spot for the Bills - they are the only genuine New York team after all and there have been all sorts of rumours about a new stadium and possible moves to Toronto.

Giants against the Cowboys just about to start, Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott sorted out his contract negotiations just in time for the game

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
3B7E0B2D-083C-44F8-9F56-758687942806.jpeg

Here we go!!!!!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Good to see the Jags have sorted their discipline problems from last season :facepalm:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
As I sat down last night with my mate to watch the Browns game, I said to him "I just hope we can deal with, and live up to, all the hype and hysteria surrounding the team this year, coz Im not so sure...."

Should've kept my mouth shut. After that impressive first drive, the Titans absolutely bossed us all over the field.

One of the most ill disciplined games I think I've ever watched from the Browns, in 34 years of supporting them. A ridiculous amount of penalties, a boneheaded ejection from Robinson (who folks have been saying all training camp looked like the weak link), an OL who couldn't stop a pass rush from primary school kids, and Baker consequently being out of sorts & beaten relentlessly into the turf. I really wouldn't have wanted to be in that locker room after the game with Kitchens looking like he was about to go batshit mental.

Anyway, on to next weeks MNF vs the Jets, & a chance to redeem themselves. If they cant its going to be another VERY long season in Brownstown.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Thoroughly miserable start from the Jaguars last night. Until Marrone is fired their will be zero discipline in the team, until Caldwell is fired the plan will always be confused. With Foles rules out indefinitely, 6th round pick Gardiner Minshew is the only QB on the roster, considering Foles is known to be injury prone this is bad planning.

New season but Browns will be Browns, and Pats will be Pats.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thoroughly miserable start from the Jaguars last night. Until Marrone is fired their will be zero discipline in the team, until Caldwell is fired the plan will always be confused. With Foles rules out indefinitely, 6th round pick Gardiner Minshew is the only QB on the roster, considering Foles is known to be injury prone this is bad planning.

Certainly same old Browns last night on the early Sky game, Beckham or no Beckham. Same old Bears as well though [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] mercifully seems to have slept through it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Certainly same old Browns last night on the early Sky game, Beckham or no Beckham. Same old Bears as well though [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] mercifully seems to have slept through it.

T'other thread (we need a merge).

I was awake more than Trubisky!!!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

The Bears game made me chuckle, months of hype, coverage and media frenzy....and Chicago scores 3. :lol:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

And Lions will be Lions. Throw an 18 point lead in the 4th Quarter after a tragic first 3 quarters for Murray. Still, at least we had a lead to lose, that's progress I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here