Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

Jul 7, 2003
Sky saying that they will have their best ever coverage of the Draft this year - anyone would think that they have 10 channels to fill and no sport!

The draft could be accidentally entertaining this year. I have visions of players at home with a box of 32 baseball caps and having to quickly find the right one to put on before going on their Zoom session, parents getting over excited, shouting at the dog to stop barking while a teenage brother uses all the bandwidth playing Madden live on the Xbox.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sky saying that they will have their best ever coverage of the Draft this year - anyone would think that they have 10 channels to fill and no sport!

The draft could be accidentally entertaining this year. I have visions of players at home with a box of 32 baseball caps and having to quickly find the right one to put on before going on their Zoom session, parents getting over excited, shouting at the dog to stop barking while a teenage brother uses all the bandwidth playing Madden live on the Xbox.

:shrug:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yeah, yeah - isn't that the description of them though? They definitely aren't fedoras:lol:

Are you sure?

Fedora.jpg

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Picking the Bucs as a bit of a joke 9 years ago after staying in Sarasota a few times and seeing a game has suddenly got very interesting!!!

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Meanwhile, the clown show in Jacksonville rolls on. Ngakoue is still lobbying for a trade, though no team seems to value him as highly as he’d anticipated, also, 4th overall pick from just 3 years ago, Leonard Fournette, is in the trade block with the Jags hoping to get a 4th round pick for him. It’s so bad it’s actually funny. Caldwell is going to have to work some magic with his 12* picks on draft night.

*who knows, it could be more by then.

I think Tony Khan will be more involved in the draft this year which gives me hope.

I could also see us going after OJ Howard from the Bucs.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think Tony Khan will be more involved in the draft this year which gives me hope.

I could also see us going after OJ Howard from the Bucs.

I really don’t know what to expect without old man Coughlin calling the shots, we’ll find out soon enough though.
I’d love Howard, but can see the Bucs keeping him so Brady has an arsenal of weapons. Gronk, Brate, Howard, Evans and Godwin. That’s a lot of talent to cover.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Picking the Bucs as a bit of a joke 9 years ago after staying in Sarasota a few times and seeing a game has suddenly got very interesting!!!
It is impressive the way the NFL and American sport in general can keep everyone other than the Browns close to success or at least the hope of success.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It is impressive the way the NFL and American sport in general can keep everyone other than the Browns close to success or at least the hope of success.

Tis true, even my shïtty Jags were a few minutes from The Super Bowl in 2017. Fortunately all has been restored and we’re a circus again.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Who’s stopping up for the draft tomorrow night? I’m still working so was in two minds, but since this is literally the only major sporting event that’s going to take place for the foreseeable future I’m tempted to suck it up.

Unlikely as it is, I really hope the Dolphins trade up for Burrow - I cant see Cincinnati giving up first pick easily but he’s the real deal.

Found this on Reddit earlier, pretty cool:

https://www.nflgamepass.com/en/social-draft/

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Gronk is broken.

If they get 10 games out of him they'll be fortunate. He's 31 now and was starting to look slower and less impactful in his last season. That was 18 months or more ago.

Would think his main role now would be a blocking TE.

He however lost quite a bit of weight after he finished playing so whether he can be as effective in that role now will be interesting.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Who’s stopping up for the draft tomorrow night? I’m still working so was in two minds, but since this is literally the only major sporting event that’s going to take place for the foreseeable future I’m tempted to suck it up.

As a Seattle fan, it ain’t ever worth it. Watching Schneider trade down all our picks so he can have 25 picks in the 10th round. Happens every year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Gronk is broken.

If they get 10 games out of him they'll be fortunate. He's 31 now and was starting to look slower and less impactful in his last season. That was 18 months or more ago.

Would think his main role now would be a blocking TE.

He however lost quite a bit of weight after he finished playing so whether he can be as effective in that role now will be interesting.

It could easily end in disaster, but I guess they’re getting the band back together for one last hurrah.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Brady and Gronk will feel that they run the show in TB. Brady is looking frail (although he'll have some decent weapons unlike last year in New England). No Bellichek, who was clearly the brains of the operation in New England (rebuilding the offense 3 times, managing to always have a great defense as well).

I think the Bucs could be a bit of a comedy outing this year.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

I will be as Im not working Fridays at the moment. Have to make the most of what we can get right now!

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I really don’t know what to expect without old man Coughlin calling the shots, we’ll find out soon enough though.
I’d love Howard, but can see the Bucs keeping him so Brady has an arsenal of weapons. Gronk, Brate, Howard, Evans and Godwin. That’s a lot of talent to cover.

I don't think we're tanking per se but this draft and any roster moves will be made with next year in mind.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don't think we're tanking per se but this draft and any roster moves will be made with next year in mind.

The fact that many media ‘experts’ are calling us ‘The Trevor Lawrence Team’ suggests there isn’t too much expectation from our sorry Jaguars this season. To be honest, Caldwell could hit on 4 or 5 immediate starters in the draft, but there’s sooo many holes in the team we’re still going to be short in key areas. As you say, I’m not sure we’re tanking as such, but I do feel that the front office are holding on to Ngakoue in the hope they trade him for a 2021 1st round pick, that way we’ll have 3 first round picks, and the likelihood is that at least 2 of those will be in or around the top 10. That scenario gives an awful lot of leverage for moving up next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here