Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Might be a bit premature..... looks like Cowboys going to drop to 3-3 as well.

The Redskins are now just 2 games out of top spot, in the East. :lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yup, not quite sure why it finished 30+ minutes later than all the other 9pm KOs, but hey! Not the best game for quality, but exciting enough - and a solid comeback from Seattle, after the Browns had scored touchdowns on their first three possessions.

Very happy with 5-1. We’re finding ways to win, and that counts for a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has Baldwin retired or cut?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
Back to back Cardinals wins for the first time since 2017. Starting to look exciting on offence. Hopefully the defense can sure up when Pat Peterson returns

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
Injuries?
Always such a steady performer, though his output dropped a bit last year.

He spent much of last year injured and used that in his decision. He just couldn’t get healthy so called it a day.

It’s a shame, on his day he was fantastic. On a plus side, him not being around has saved my fantasy team

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Back to back Cardinals wins for the first time since 2017. Starting to look exciting on offence. Hopefully the defense can sure up when Pat Peterson returns

Chase Edmonds is looking really good this season and both Larry Fitzgerald and David Johnson are still firing (that Johnson catch for his TD was fantastic). Although he didn't play yesterday Christian Kirk also looks very promising.

The defense is the real worry though, they seem to be leaving a lot of space for the receivers.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He spent much of last year injured and used that in his decision. He just couldn’t get healthy so called it a day.

It’s a shame, on his day he was fantastic. On a plus side, him not being around has saved my fantasy team

I had him two years ago and he was brilliant.

Struggling with my WRs this year.....

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
I had him two years ago and he was brilliant.

Struggling with my WRs this year.....

I had him for three seasons and every year got my fingers burnt. The second I traded him, he popped and was fantastic.

I will never forgive him.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Masterclass on closing out a game there by the Packers. Down two points, they deliberately refuse to score a TD with 1:45 left so as not to leave Detroit much time and end up winning with a field goal last kick of the game. Helped by a bit of poor reffing though - but I think they would have won anyway.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Masterclass on closing out a game there by the Packers. Down two points, they deliberately refuse to score a TD with 1:45 left so as not to leave Detroit much time and end up winning with a field goal last kick of the game. Helped by a bit of poor reffing though - but I think they would have won anyway.

Never seen that before. Deliberately sliding to the ground two yards out rather than running it in! Clever stuff from the cheeseheads.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not the worst evening for us Packers/Nat'nals fans! :rave:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Wouldn't have made a difference I dont think, but that call on Flowers at the end was complete BS. Great last drive from Rodgers & Co. though to set up up the chip shot for Crosby (needs to work on his Lambeau Leap tbh...) :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wouldn't have made a difference I dont think, but that call on Flowers at the end was complete BS. Great last drive from Rodgers & Co. though to set up up the chip shot for Crosby (needs to work on his Lambeau Leap tbh...) :lolol:
His 'leap' iced the cake of my morning sports catch up.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I got up to watch the last qtr. & you just knew the Pack were going to score on that final drive. Almost 7 mins left, Rodgers "in the zone"....great stuff to watch. Nice to see the back-ups stepping in seamlessly as well to help out. As Juan said, it was a masterclass on how to close out a game. Got a good feeling about the Packers this season (bungled refs calls or not) after the last few under McCarthy :smile:

Wouldn't have made a difference I dont think, but that call on Flowers at the end was complete BS. Great last drive from Rodgers & Co. though to set up up the chip shot for Crosby (needs to work on his Lambeau Leap tbh...) [emoji38]ol:
The second bungled "illegal hands to the face" call on Flowers, maybe not.

The first bungled call earlier in that quarter with 10:15 to go certainly made all the difference. That turned what should have been a sack and the ball at 4th and 20+ in GB's half with the score at 22-13 into a 1st down and a 35 yard TD for the Packers.

Also been highlighted that the Packers D got away with having 13 players on the field during one snap that wasn't called by the refs. Shocking display from last nights crew all round. Lions fans definitely have every right to feel like they've had a win robbed from them there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The second bungled "illegal hands to the face" call on Flowers, maybe not.

The first bungled call earlier in that quarter with 10:15 to go certainly made all the difference. That turned what should have been a sack and the ball at 4th and 20+ in GB's half with the score at 22-13 into a 1st down and a 35 yard TD for the Packers.

Also been highlighted that the Packers D got away with having 13 players on the field during one snap that wasn't called by the refs. Shocking display from last nights crew all round. Lions fans definitely have every right to feel like they've had a win robbed from them there.
Oh well never mind!!

Oh well never mind!!
Indeed. A little salty as had the Lions had another chance to score a TD I might have won my fantasy game this week!

Standard i had to play the person who owned Steffon Diggs the week he decided to absolutely ball out!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here