Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have to admit, aside from your mentions I don't really know who Tony Kornheiser is, is it a podcast? Only really listen to Chris Cooley and 26 Minutes with Clinton Portis
He's half of ESPN's Pardon the Interruption.

Wrote for X years for The Washington Post.
Then took his long running DC centric radio show 'private' with his own podcast.

All DC sport is heavily covered, US sport in general and the more obscure news items.

The remit of the show is 'smart and funny'.

If you like American sport and Larry David it's a great listen, once you get in step with the show.

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
Broncos go from bad to worse. Failed to stop the run at the start of the second half, penalties in the last minute give up field possession, one of our best players (Chubb) out for the season and we are 0-4 for the first time in 30 years.

Fangio has ruined the only thing we were good at - defence. The only reason Elway is still in a job is because the Bowlen family are still arguing amongst themselves as to who should take over as head of the franchise.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Broncos go from bad to worse. Failed to stop the run at the start of the second half, penalties in the last minute give up field possession, one of our best players (Chubb) out for the season and we are 0-4 for the first time in 30 years.

Fangio has ruined the only thing we were good at - defence. The only reason Elway is still in a job is because the Bowlen family are still arguing amongst themselves as to who should take over as head of the franchise.

As a Browns fan since '86 - you'll have no sympathy from me! Still have a deep rooted hatred of Elway & everything Broncos, so its nice to see the boot on the other foot for once :wink:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Von Miller and Chubb were disrupting everything, the sack count would have been double figures if it wasn’t for Minshew’s magic feet :)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Guys, I think theres an actual fantasy thread but I can't find it so I've come here for your advice.

What do you think of OBJ and Brandin Cook for Nick Chubb as a trade? The guy who owns chubb needs help at WR. If i got Chubb I'd then have Chubb, Gurley and Carson as my starting running backs and DJ Chark and Terry McLaurin as my WR's.

As it is I'm starting three of the four mentioned wide receivers and Gurley and Carson at RB but have absolutely no depth on the bench(Darwin Thomson and Jaylen Samuel...). I'd still have Marquez Valdes Scantling and Courtland Sutton on the bench at WR.

Apologies for intruding but without being able to find the Fantasy thread this is the best place to go to...

Thanks for any help!

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
What do you think of OBJ and Brandin Cook for Nick Chubb as a trade? The guy who owns chubb needs help at WR. If i got Chubb I'd then have Chubb, Gurley and Carson as my starting running backs and DJ Chark and Terry McLaurin as my WR's.

If you're playing in a PPR league, stick with OBJ and Cooks - both get consistent targets/receptions. Chubb had a great game at Ravens and has a pretty good floor but expect that to drop a bit when Kareem Hunt comes into the fray in week 8. Have a look at the waiver wire and see who's available to pick up instead of Chubb - You won't get a stud but you should be able to get someone usable in Flex

Good luck :thumbsup:

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
If anyone is after a couple of tickets for the South Carolina v Tampa game in London in 2 weekends time I've posted a classified on here.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Apparently this is the biggest game of Khalil Mack's football career so far. This Sunday the Bears face the Raiders, Mack's former team, at the Tottenham Stadium in North London. Mack is really out to get Raider's quarterback, Carr, and extract some punishment for the Raiders letting him go.
Yes, I'll be there and yes, my cousins from Chicago will be there.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...ady-to-make-raiders-pay-for-it-in-week-5/amp/

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
If anyone is after a couple of tickets for the South Carolina v Tampa game in London in 2 weekends time I've posted a classified on here.

FYI, it's the Carolina Panthers, not South Carolina. The Panthers are located in Charlotte, North Carolina but because Charlotte is near the border of North & South Carolina they are simply called Carolina.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Saquon Barkley, who had been sidelined for 8 weeks for an ankle sprain, could be back as early as next Thursday for the game against the Pats. Luckily the Giants didn't put him on injured reserve as he would have been out for a minimum of 8 weeks. Just hope he's not coming back too soon as another injury would not be good.

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
FYI, it's the Carolina Panthers, not South Carolina. The Panthers are located in Charlotte, North Carolina but because Charlotte is near the border of North & South Carolina they are simply called Carolina.
My bad....just a typo and I did have it correct on the classified ad on here. I'm more into college football having just comeback from living in Alabama for 5 years... Roll Tide!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Saquon Barkley, who had been sidelined for 8 weeks for an ankle sprain, could be back as early as next Thursday for the game against the Pats. Luckily the Giants didn't put him on injured reserve as he would have been out for a minimum of 8 weeks. Just hope he's not coming back too soon as another injury would not be good.

Looked pretty healthy from what I saw in training yesterday. Didn't seem to be suffering any ill effects from it at all.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Thought Gallman was adequate enough not to rush Barkley back.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here