Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Shaky start from my Seahawks, giving away loads of sacks and struggling on offence bar 3 or 4 standout receptions.

But we came away with the win, so hopefully we can work on the weaknesses, play better next time – and go 2-0!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
And Lions will be Lions. Throw an 18 point lead in the 4th Quarter after a tragic first 3 quarters for Murray. Still, at least we had a lead to lose, that's progress I guess.

I had half an eye on this game as I’m intrigued by Hockenson. He’s a player that I, and many Jags fans wanted, he looked the real deal out there. I stopped watching near the the end of the third quarter...needless to say I was surprised by the final score.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The Redskins didn't disappoint me although there were dangerous levels of promise shown at times - this will not do.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
T'other thread (we need a merge).

I was awake more than Trubisky!!!

Threads merged. If anyone needs threads merging like this in the future just report the thread, it's not just for moderating the dodgy stuff. I didn't notice because both thread had exactly the same title!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Do we have any Dolphins fans on NSC? Or at least, any still sticking with them?! Interesting piece here on the 'tank' strategy'

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Neither does Mayfield, Jimmy G, Cam Newton, Allen, Darnold etc etc. List goes on and on if we're knee jerking week 1.

:lol: My comment was not based on a Week 1 loss to the Packers, every time I’ve watched Trubisky he’s looked rigid, one-dimensional and unable to see beyond his first read.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Knowing that he was susceptible to shoulder injuries, how that wasn’t called I have no idea. It was deliberate!
The ref was asked by a Jax beat writer why that wasn’t flagged for intentional grounding, “no comment” was the reply.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Shaky start from my Seahawks, giving away loads of sacks and struggling on offence bar 3 or 4 standout receptions.

But we came away with the win, so hopefully we can work on the weaknesses, play better next time – and go 2-0!

A win is a win... no matter how ugly. Need to step up against the Steelers though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MillerEP

Aug 11, 2019
Austin, TX
As a Texans fan, I can already tell it's going to be another looooong season, we need a lot of work on the Offense. Cowboys are looking really good though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was more worried I’d completely missed what happened .... I tend to be a bit vacant sometimes when I’m watching Redzone.

I find Red Zone a tough watch.

Scott Hanson puts in a phenomenal shift and is fantastic.
I understand the 21st centuryness of consuming sport.

But I think I need to centred on a game, rather than Scott.
It's not as if there aren't enough breaks in games to carry the Red Zone 'experience'.
I just get comfy as "the Viqueens are heading towards the 20 yard line, so let's head over to (embarrassed) Solider Field to pick up the action".
Then 2 plays later they've been penalised back to the 40 and we see nothing from that game for 20 minutes.

All that said I don't think I can live without:-

"DoubleBox"
"QuadBox"

and then the panacea, the very peak of the mountain, the reason for all human existence.

"OctoBox"

At that point my neighbours must think:-

"Blimey The Albion are playing late on a Sunday, and have clearly just scored against the 1970 Brazil side" :lol:

OCTOBOX

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having just watched the highlights of last nights game.

The Dolphins aren't going to have a tanking last place all their own way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here