Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If anyone hasn't seen it. Get on gamepass and watch the Houston/New Orleans game. An absolute belter.

One of the things I like about this sport is that no matter how much the Skins suck I can still enjoy watching other teams play excellent games as a neutral, this is one of those occasions.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Amazing, a Raiders opening season win

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I find Red Zone a tough watch.

Scott Hanson puts in a phenomenal shift and is fantastic.
I understand the 21st centuryness of consuming sport.

But I think I need to centred on a game, rather than Scott.
It's not as if there aren't enough breaks in games to carry the Red Zone 'experience'.
I just get comfy as "the Viqueens are heading towards the 20 yard line, so let's head over to (embarrassed) Solider Field to pick up the action".
Then 2 plays later they've been penalised back to the 40 and we see nothing from that game for 20 minutes.

All that said I don't think I can live without:-

"DoubleBox"
"QuadBox"

and then the panacea, the very peak of the mountain, the reason for all human existence.

"OctoBox"

At that point my neighbours must think:-

"Blimey The Albion are playing late on a Sunday, and have clearly just scored against the 1970 Brazil side" :lol:

OCTOBOX
RedZone is pretty much the only NFL access I have at present and I do like it, I do find it difficult to keep up with the fast switching sometimes eg last Sunday when switching between my Redskins against the Eagles and the Bills vs the Jets :D

Jul 7, 2003
Very poor effort from the Broncos against the Silver & Black Clowns last night. Flacco showing early signs of being Elway's latest bust when it comes to picking QBs - far too many throws behind receivers.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
First time I've ventured into this thread (I think).

I'm a proper NFL Rookie having got into the game watching Amazon's All or Nothing series this summer. I decided on the basis of series 1 to support the Arizona Cardinals which (after a little more research and hindsight) appears to be a terrible decision from a success point of view but does continue my tradition of supporting teams with birds on their badges.

It was an exciting opening game for the AC and much has been made of Kyler Murrays first three quarters but from my admittedly naive viewpoint I thought he did quite well. The OL didn't offer him a lot of support and I thought he did quite well to get out of the box and find some space albeit with a few misplaced throws/throws to touch. the receivers also stepped up in Q4 and he could stick to playbook more. I think he's guaranteed Rookie of the Year this season as he'll only get better.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As a Texans fan, I can already tell it's going to be another looooong season, we need a lot of work on the Offense. Cowboys are looking really good though.

Welcome to NSC. Bulls on Parade! I dated a Houstonian girl for 5 years, so was always going to end up at NRG stadium.

Losing to a last second 58 yard field goal is always going to be tough.

Positives for the season? No Luck for the Colts and no luck for other AFC South QBs.

Big fan of RedZone. Over here in the UAE, it often goes on to 4am. As Stat says, it's all about the Octobox!

octobox.jpg

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If anyone hasn't seen it. Get on gamepass and watch the Houston/New Orleans game. An absolute belter.

One of the things I like about this sport is that no matter how much the Skins suck I can still enjoy watching other teams play excellent games as a neutral, this is one of those occasions.

Loved it.

I thought the Titoons, Ravens and Pats all looking good, the Pats yet to unless Brown as well. Bears v Raiders looks like a good game coming up at the White Hart Death Star.

Great first week although really felt for the Jags losing Foles, spanner in the works there.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Surprised by last nights result. Thought Tampa would improve this year, but their D is looking really sharp already. To shut down McCaffrey like that will open a few peoples eyes.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Very poor effort from the Broncos against the Silver & Black Clowns last night. Flacco showing early signs of being Elway's latest bust when it comes to picking QBs - far too many throws behind receivers.

It was not a good performance by the Broncos - but despite that they were a score away from potentially tying the game. The key play was the drop in the endzone by Hamilton 4 mins before the end of the third quarter. That would have left the score at 16-10 and shifted the momentum towards the Broncos. Flacco was good on medium and deep balls - not so good on the dink and dunk and that is a matter of timing with the receivers and getting more comfortable with the offensive scheme.

While the Broncos have to improve - they have a completely new coaching staff, new offensive and defensive schemes, new players in key positions. The Broncos also had injuries in key positions - starting CB, both starting ILBs and an injury to the RT early in the game (in an OL that is already struggling). Fangio runs a very complex defensive scheme that requires the players to react on the fly and they have to do so as a unit. It can take up to a full season for it to be embedded properly. Scangs is running a new offence and is still finding his feet as an OC etc.

The downsides for the Broncos - ongoing injuries to starters (a problem for many teams but they have hit the Broncos where they lack depth) - a poor OL with injury issues (Leary). The upsides - both offence and defence will improve as they get used to new schemes. Flacco is a major upgrade over Keenum. Sutton is emerging as a stud at WR. Miller and Chubb will get to the QB. The running game is strong with two potential stars in Lindsey and Freeman.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dolphins:-

Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Half time
Punt
Pick 6
Pick 6
Punt.

The CareBears of the South.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Much better for the Texans this week with their now-customary last minute action.

Jags went for the 2pt conversion to win it...Fournette stopped inches short.

P.S

Jun 23, 2011
Lancing
Much better for the Texans this week with their now-customary last minute action.

Jags went for the 2pt conversion to win it...Fournette stopped inches short.

From our point of view (Jags), that was a really dumb play to call. I totally agree with going for the 2 point conversion to win but we got nothing all game from running up the gut with Fournette, leave the ball with Minshew on an RPO and we score the conversion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here