Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think the 17th game would be a nightmare in terms of deciding playoff scenarios where some teams have had an extra home game. The only fair way to do it would be to play a game every week in London. I'm up for that.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The XFL game between New York Guardians and Dallas Renegades was on in the bar tonight. New York won 32-12. XFL says it is trying to make the game more exciting with fewer play stoppages and less downtime. It'll be interesting to see how many people go to games and watch on TV. It was a pretty good game and it's clearly not competing with NFL fixtures so it will probably carve out a niche market.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The players have voted in the changes.

They did it by 60 votes.

As I was 100% correct, despite being told otherwise, I will still maintain my stance that the season will be 18 games long within 3 seasons. (assuming we return to normality)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My dismal Jags now have two, maybe three decent players left. Trading Campbell for a 5th stings.

Also, wtf are the Texans doing? Trading D-Hop for a 2nd and Johnson :lol: Cardinals are going to be fun this season.

Streetlight

May 16, 2016
Who was your backup running back that blew up when Drake was injured?

Chase Edmonds. Would still be backup to Drake but still had a couple 120+ yard games before getting injured.

As good as DJ was, I’m not totally sure he fit Kliff’s scheme (which is weird as he’s a pass-catching back) so I think both are as good, Drake is certainly better. I guess all the injuries caught up to DJ and struggle to learn the scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ouchy

[tweet]1239899573298122753[/tweet]

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I'd be stunned if there's an NFL season this year.

We are not going to get back to anything like normal until there's a vaccine for Covid19

The NFL season doesn't start until September - they will go through free agency and the draft - postpone the early training camps and see what the situation is in July.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The NFL season doesn't start until September - they will go through free agency and the draft - postpone the early training camps and see what the situation is in July.

What's your take on the narrow vote for the new labour agreement by the players!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Also, wtf are the Texans doing? Trading D-Hop for a 2nd and Johnson :lol: Cardinals are going to be fun this season.

Not happy at all with this.

And it's fair to say that the trade hasn't exactly gone down well with ordinary Houstonians. :wozza::wozza::wozza:

bob.jpg

There's a decent Bleacher Report article on the issues of having one person in both Head Coach and General Manager roles.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2881303-deandre-hopkins-trade-is-proof-that-bill-obrien-must-be-stopped

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As for TB12 moving on, it's both the end of an era and another deflating time for the Pats.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can't get my head around Las Vegas Raiders.......

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My eldest lad is over the moon with Brady going to Tampa - but what will happen with Jameis now I wonder?

He'll either sit for a while behind Brady in the hopes some of his magic will rub off on him, until TB retires....or someone like the Chargers will trade for him now. No way they will stick with Tyrod Taylor, or a rookie, to take over the reins from Rivers.
I think Winston, Keenan Allen, and Mike Williams would make a pretty formidable trio tbh.

Colts fans must be pretty happy about getting Rivers in (he will be too with a one year deal for $25m guaranteed!) - although hes going to have to cut out those INT's that have plagued him the last couple of seasons.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
My eldest lad is over the moon with Brady going to Tampa - but what will happen with Jameis now I wonder?

He'll either sit for a while behind Brady in the hopes some of his magic will rub off on him, until TB retires....or someone like the Chargers will trade for him now. No way they will stick with Tyrod Taylor, or a rookie, to take over the reins from Rivers.
I think Winston, Keenan Allen, and Mike Williams would make a pretty formidable trio tbh.

Colts fans must be pretty happy about getting Rivers in (he will be too with a one year deal for $25m guaranteed!) - although hes going to have to cut out those INT's that have plagued him the last couple of seasons.

Brady is a leader and Winston is a very talented lad that needs mentoring. I’m hoping this works out for the Bucs but can also see Winston throwing his toys about and Brady enjoying his Florida retirement too much....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here