Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey. As a Browns fan I should be pleased, but it's a bit like Brighton signing Michael Owen (when he was still playing). Big marquee signing that everyone's heard of, but will he upset the team dynamic? Is our basic (telegraphed) game plan going to be 'get the ball to Beckham whenever possible?' And will he stay injury-free?

What do you think [MENTION=24884]Fignon's Ponytail[/MENTION]?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Free agency seems to have gone a bit mental this year (maybe I just wasn't following it closely enough last year) and there's a tonne of money being thrown around. Beckham, Brown, Bell and Foles should all improve the teams they've joined although in most those cases that's not difficult. Think The Eagles getting in Malik and Desean Jackson is a good bit of business too.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Blimey. As a Browns fan I should be pleased, but it's a bit like Brighton signing Michael Owen (when he was still playing). Big marquee signing that everyone's heard of, but will he upset the team dynamic? Is our basic (telegraphed) game plan going to be 'get the ball to Beckham whenever possible?' And will he stay injury-free?

What do you think [MENTION=24884]Fignon's Ponytail[/MENTION]?

Much the same as you mate! After so many years of misery (dilly dilly!) I cant help but think its all going to blow up in our faces. Always thought OBJ is a bit of a dick if Im honest but, hes ours now - & I'll be hoping he, Landry, Calloway, Perriman, & (fingers crossed) Higgins, will be the #1 receiving unit in the NFL. Bit disappointed to lose Peppers in the deal as I thought he made big improvements last season - but Im reading this morning that we are also working on a 3 yr deal for Earl Thomas which would be another big statement from Dorsey. If it happens, I hope Thomas is over his injury problems of last year & returns to the field as good a player as before.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m quite surprised by some of the negativity from Jags fans surrounding Foles’ arrival, it’s almost like they’ve forgotten how bad Bortles was last season.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Instant contender again in my opinion. I think hes proved his doubters wrong by now, & the Jags have a great chance to get back to winning ways almost immediately.

Well, he’s a definite upgrade over Bortles, still need some parts offensively, but there’s no way we’ll be as bad as last year.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Firstly, very pleased to see the annual NFL thread appear.

A perfect day for it with OBJ's signing. Certainly a statement of intent by the Browns.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
* Cough cough *...post #5.... :wink::D

Browns have also added Demetrius Harris. Solid blocking TE from KC, & another player Dorsey knows well.

Sorry, my bad.
Do you see a role for Duke Johnson this season? He seemed to be splitting his snaps between RB and WR last season, with Hunt and OBJ in the house he could see his playing time diminished further. Could do with a guy like him in JAX if Yeldon goes elsewhere.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Odell Beckham Jr has signed for the Browns. Wowsers. Giants get the Browns’ first (17) and third round picks and Jabrill Peppers. RIP Saquon.

I know a few Giants fans who are not happy he is now part of the Dawg Pound. I think it's a good move, he gets out of the Giants and their misplaced loyalty to Manning. They've had 8 wins in the last 33 games and he joins a club on the up led by Baker Mayfield with a very competent GM, John Dorsey. Also Jarvis Landry is OBJ's best mate.

Beckham can come over as bit of a knob, but I think some of that is borne out of frustration with the rest of his team. Make no mistake, on his day he is a great wide receiver.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Sorry, my bad.
Do you see a role for Duke Johnson this season? He seemed to be splitting his snaps between RB and WR last season, with Hunt and OBJ in the house he could see his playing time diminished further. Could do with a guy like him in JAX if Yeldon goes elsewhere.

I would love to see Duke in a more prominent role, & have said so right from his rookie year. Such a talented ball player, & Miami U's All Time leading rusher when drafted, but hes not getting the reps, or recognition, he deserves IMO. I did read the other day that he had deleted a load of Browns stuff from his social media - whether this is true or not I dont know - but it wouldn't surprise me to see him used as trade bait over the next few days...unfortunately. As much as I hate to say it, he would probably be better off out of there...if he does stay in Cleveland he will have yet another frustrating season I reckon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here