Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Oh dear. Already I get the feeling I'm regretting my decision. Still, what's the worst that can happen?

......Only five first downs in a game instead of six? :lolol::wink:

Seriously though, I really dont know much about the guy - except he was beaten to the post last year by Kitchens. Hes had a few position coach roles (like Kitchens) has been a coordinator for a fairly short time (like Kitchens) & is only young still (like Kitchens) I honestly thought they would go for an older, more experienced coach - so to see this appointment announced yesterday just makes me think "Here we go again...." :rolleyes:

I do hope though that he hands over the reins of play calling to an OC, instead of doing it himself. It didn't work with Hue, it didn't work with Freddie.....why should we expect it to be any different under Kev?

Jury is well and truly out for me :shrug:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
......Only five first downs in a game instead of six? :lolol::wink:

Seriously though, I really dont know much about the guy - except he was beaten to the post last year by Kitchens. Hes had a few position coach roles (like Kitchens) has been a coordinator for a fairly short time (like Kitchens) & is only young still (like Kitchens) I honestly thought they would go for an older, more experienced coach - so to see this appointment announced yesterday just makes me think "Here we go again...." :rolleyes:

I do hope though that he hands over the reins of play calling to an OC, instead of doing it himself. It didn't work with Hue, it didn't work with Freddie.....why should we expect it to be any different under Kev?

Jury is well and truly out for me :shrug:

Yeah. He might think "I was an OC last year, I can do that myself!" As you say the jury is definitely out, the only comfort I'm drawing is that after the false hopes of last season I'm back in standard "were loose" mode. I'm expecting zero progress.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Yeah. He might think "I was an OC last year, I can do that myself!" As you say the jury is definitely out, the only comfort I'm drawing is that after the false hopes of last season I'm back in standard "were loose" mode. I'm expecting zero progress.

...and we are getting the more traditional looking uniforms back next season (apparently) - so we can suck again looking like the real Browns of 1999 - 2016.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Shame to see Kuechly retiring this morning. Totally understandable though with the amount of concussions hes had over the years - getting out while he is still pretty healthy.
Not so surprising to see Gates retire again after a stellar career. Now Hunter Henry is playing, and fully healthy, he can ride off into the sunset one final time. Not a bad career for a hoops man!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just how does Mahomes do that ?

He really is an outstanding Quarterback

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Thought KC had nailed it but a 4th Quarter TD by Tennessee means an 11 point lead for KC with 5 minutes remaining. Two scores in it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought KC had nailed it but a 4th Quarter TD by Tennessee means an 11 point lead for KC with 5 minutes remaining. Two scores in it.

2 minute warning, it will be a Chiefs error to lose it

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Chiefs to the Super Bowl

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Joined by the 49ers. Comfortable win. Running game outstanding, Jimmy G only threw 8 times all game. Packers didn’t show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Really disappointed with my "2nd team" Packers last night...I thought they had a decent shot at winning tbh before kickoff. That 49er defense was just ferocious though and, on the other side of the ball, the Packer run defense was totally non-existent. Went to bed at halftime as I knew there was no way they would overturn a 27-0 scoreline.

As for the AFC game, another great show from the Chiefs - but the Titans just couldn't get DH going. The KC defense has had a marked upturn in production recently and looked a formidable unit against the run.

The Superbowl should be a great game - two very strong defenses, one superb air attack, one relentless running attack....really difficult to call I reckon! Off to the Walkabout with the missus and mates to watch it, so will be a fun night I reckon with no real allegiances either way.

That said....................

GO CHIEFS!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The Super Bowl we all wanted :thumbsup: Inclined to favour the 49ers but really not fussed either way so should be nice and enjoyable :)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The Super Bowl we all wanted [emoji106] Inclined to favour the 49ers but really not fussed either way so should be nice and enjoyable :)
Good to hear. Not too fussed but I will be on a yacht in Miami to watch it so will just have to suffer through and try and enjoy it ;)

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Popped in to Lidl this morning as they have an NFL special on this week! Full size Snack Helmets for £20 (usually £50+ anywhere else), Full size Wilson footballs for £15, and assorted team bobble hats (Pats, Eagles, Packers, Seahawks, Cowboys, "NFL" New Era) for £12!

Bargain...and perfect with the Superbowl coming up!

20200123_082439-01_resized.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Andy Reid has won 221 games as a coach.

If he wins the Superbowl he'll have won his 222nd game on 02.02.20 - Strong numbers.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Popped in to Lidl this morning as they have an NFL special on this week! Full size Snack Helmets for £20 (usually £50+ anywhere else), Full size Wilson footballs for £15, and assorted team bobble hats (Pats, Eagles, Packers, Seahawks, Cowboys, "NFL" New Era) for £12!

Thanks for that, just popped in to Burgess Hill Lidl on the way home and got myself a ball and snack helmet, although I'm not sure the mrs is as impressed as I am.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here