Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Summer signings

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Just reading that we are interested in Mo Diame at Newcastle as he may be available for free in the summer. But it is only in the Star so probably nonsense.

Got me thinking, though.

Do you think we'll actually sign someone everybody has actually heard of this year?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
No it's not our style we are about #Together we had lost our way for a while but with the win last week and the passion shown by plays such as Dunk and Knockaret #Together is still alive and well

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I would think there’s more chance of us signing Mo Farah.

Might see a known name sign as a striker for example but most signings likely to be alsorans or perceived value signings again like Groß.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
3 or 4 signings to improve the squad. RB, AM, & ST the most likely positions to fill

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I could see a few of our premier league era signings moving on too.

Last edited:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The summer transfer window should be about quality not quantity. We should be aiming for between 2 & 4 signings of known quality that really improve the squad, not just signings that are there to fill the 25 & are essentially a role of the dice. A striker, attacking centre mid (possibly Mac Allister), a young right back to replace Bruno & compete with Montoya so the former can retire, & a left back who is an improvement on Bong (even though he has been pretty steady this season) would be my choices.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would think there’s more chance of us signing Mo Farah.

Might see a known name sign as a striker for example but most signings likely to be alsorans or perceived value signings again like Groß.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloody hope not. Saw Farah display his skills in some charity thing on TV a while ago. He might be able to run a lot but he’s USELESS (and makes Teeny Maty look like a giant)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Probably need a striker and a central midfielder as top priority. Quality please for these 2.

Perhaps also younger replacements for Bruno and Bong.

All assuming Locadia stays, Tau doesn't get a permit yet, and Suttner is on the way out.

I'd try to bring Lucas Leiva back to the PL, but 'wages', obviously.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The summer transfer window should be about quality not quantity. We should be aiming for between 2 & 4 signings of known quality that really improve the squad, not just signings that are there to fill the 25 & are essentially a role of the dice. A striker, attacking centre mid (possibly Mac Allister), a young right back to replace Bruno & compete with Montoya so the former can retire, & a left back who is an improvement on Bong (even though he has been pretty steady this season) would be my choices.
Midfield and upfront for me. Bernardo and Bong are OK at LB, and Montoya is fine at RB - maybe a few games left in Bruno's old legs, and White should be ready as cover. If we can't start looking at academy players coming through there's not much point in having it!
The fewer players we buy, the better - midfield and up front are the priorities, and to make a difference we'll have to send big - not the time to dilute the pot by buying players for extra positions.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
With Dan Ashworth now involved in the process & the recent windows tendency towards youth I expect that policy to be dominant in the future too. Players of potential in the low 20's and late teens with maybe one or two in the over 25 age group and within a total like the last two windows of £50 million.

Obviously of higher priority will be replacements for Bruno & maybe Murray.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The following will no longer be "Under 21" for the next season, so will have to be named in the 25, loaned out or sold.

Goalkeepers:
Billy Collings

Defenders:
Ben White
Ben Hall

Midfielders:
Will Collar

Forwards:
N/A

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Just reading that we are interested in Mo Diame at Newcastle as he may be available for free in the summer. But it is only in the Star so probably nonsense.

Got me thinking, though.

Do you think we'll actually sign someone everybody has actually heard of this year?

I think Mo Diame is the biggest ''Carthorse'' playing in the PL - Doesn't surprise me that he will be available

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The following will no longer be "Under 21" for the next season, so will have to be named in the 25, loaned out or sold.

Goalkeepers:
Billy Collings

Defenders:
Ben White
Ben Hall

Midfielders:
Will Collar

Forwards:
N/A
And Robert Sanchez.

With Walton back, that's a lot of keepers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here