Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Do to think the net result of your existence has made the world.a better place?

Well?

• Yes ... The world.is better because I have existed

Votes: 51 63.0%
  • No, on reflection my existence is detrimental

Votes: 30 37.0%

• Total voters

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I've discussed it with others today.

I contributed to some work that cleaned up contaminated land. My work helped move thing forward and probably resulted in a couple of hundred .... maybe many thousands growing up and having kids of their own.

I have no children of my own

A simple.way of cleaning up contaminated land.... So that people could have healthy children.

It's all ****ed up

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yes, without a doubt, my constant instructions on how people are driving badly, where they have gone wrong and telling them where to insert their vehicle, has improved the quality of driving and saved many lives in and around Plymouth.

I am trying (and failing) to do a similar job in Malta

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I hope I've helped save a rhino or two.

I've raised a socially aware, eco conscious daughter who regularly does volunteer work in the rainforests.

Sadly my carbon footprint is oversized. Must do better.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I protect and safeguard trafficked, abused and vulnerable women for a living so that’s in the plus box.

I haven’t contributed further to the overpopulation problem.
I walk or use public transport whenever practical.
I drop in to my elderly neighbour regularly and do her shopping for her when she can’t get out.

In the negative, I’m a bit of a grumpy git who doesn’t have much faith in most people plus I do all the bad stuff other do, carbon footprint and all that. I think I once put a plastic bag in recycling too. I still lose sleep over that.

Swings and roundabouts .

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Last year I was diagnosed with a life threatening illness and the huge amount of warmth and support from friends and colleagues was maybe some indication that I had done something right over the past 59 years.
On the big issues my performance has been mixed. My carbon footprint has not been great but I have helped a lot of people start businesses and helped many people to develop their careers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here