Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The biggest mistake May made was calling the General Election. She’s now utterly bound to the hatstand right of Northern Ireland who will never, ever allow the backstop, while being simultaneously unable to command her own party. With her old majority this would have been done & dusted by now.

The irony is that Corbyn has been so useless that I doubt there’d be much of a change if there was a General Election next month. And at this rate there could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
"Mrs May says the government could continue negotiations or have a second referendum, but this would damage the trust between the British public and the House."

:lolol:

I think that ship has probably sailed Mrs May.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Basically said she would, she will hope the ERG will back it now as its that or a delay.

Quite a few of them did vote for her deal yesterday whereas they didn't previously.

[tweet]1105852589395066881[/tweet]

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
That's giving the corrupt politicians who broke their word what they want. It'll be a disgrace if the shysters do come back with another referendum in the hope that they get the 'right' result this time - it's up to the electorate to make sure they don't.

the corrupt politicians are the 60-80 Tories who have held the country to ransom, the others are just weak fools who should have stood their ground and maintained our Parliamentary democracy. If the country did not like it then it could have voted them out as individuals come the next General Election.

The vote was not legally binding it was to advise parliament of the views of the people and before anyone says it, there are lots of things Parliament vote for which would not be supported by the 'majority' of people e.g. when we stopped the death sentence.

Also see a lot of comment how about best of 3 or 5 etc. When we vote for government we do that but we essentially we do it in a 5 year cycle but with leaving the EU we don't have that luxury as there will be no going back.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A whipped vote, one cabinet minister resigns and several abstain. Theresa May has lost control.

[tweet]1105925190435983360[/tweet]

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If it had been up to me I wouldn’t have let the public vote on it at all. How many people actually had any comprehension of what they were actually voting for? I didn’t.

that's why we have a parliament....flawed undoubtedly but still generally better informed than average person in the street

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just listen to the audience laugh...

[tweet]1105919054680866817[/tweet]

...well who's laughing now

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
if someone can convince me how I will be better off or more importantly how my kids and their kids will be better off by leaving then I am open to persuasion to change...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If, and it is a big if, The Speaker allows it. He has the power to not allow a vote on a motion that has substantially been rejected twice.

Very good point. Two heavy defeats, it shouldn’t be allowed a third.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
This must be the longest thread in NSC history. It was a poll asking the simple question: Is Theresa May out of her depth?

The answer was:

She doesn't know what she is doing
460 70.12%

She knows exactly what she is doing
196 29.88%

Looks like folk on here got the correct answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here