Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just watching the MEP's debate from Strasbourg, the mood seems to be one of deep exasperation with UK parliament. They really don't seem in any mood to offer a time extension.

Correct. Our MPs do not know what they are doing.

[tweet]1105780499656642561[/tweet]

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Starting to get very depressed with this whole shambles. I did vote remain but just want the leaving process sorted as soon as possible.

Having a decent income, savings & investments build up over 40 years, most changes that will result from our leaving will not affect me unduly.

Yes, I will probably have to pay more for the goods imported from Europe with the loss of the single market benefits, but without sounding smug, I can afford it. What's sad to me is it's likely to be the poorest in our communities that are going to get hit the hardest and who I genuinely feel sorry for as if often the case.

Just hoping some sensible compromise can be made so at least we leave on decent terms.

That'll be the ones in Bolton on the news this morning, down the pub shouting "out out out" whilst frothing at the mouth. :(

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The NSC poll? Certainly as unrepresentive as the first Brexit poll was!

Once I get to the top of the STH list think I need to move back to Brighton, seems to be a lot of sensible people about

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I cannot respect the result of a referendum that has been proved to be corrupt with VoteLeave breaking the law.

To be fair, and I'll say it again I voted REMAIN, there has been a plethora of misinformation and questionable tactics on both sides, nobody comes out of this with any credit. We're the laughing stock of Europe but they themselves are heading to hell in a handcart unless they reform and very, very quickly.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
That'll be the ones in Bolton on the news this morning, down the pub shouting "out out out" whilst frothing at the mouth. :(

In fairness, they are the ones that have been told by the MSM that all their woes were the fault of EU and/or immigration - They are (rightly) angry people but pointing the finger in the wrong direction. The likes of Rees-Mogg, Johnson, Banks et al must be smugly laughing in to their Cappucinos at sights like that...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I assume you lost your faith in Parliament a long time ago then. Manifesto pledges have been broken pretty much ever since the concept of manifestos were kicked off, perhaps it's just now that you're noticing it because it was something you particularly wanted?

I know they are broken.

However if you honestly think that promises made about the single most important decision post war, for the UK, are less important than those made in ordinary times, then i would be very surprised.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be fair, and I'll say it again I voted REMAIN, there has been a plethora of misinformation and questionable tactics on both sides, nobody comes out of this with any credit. We're the laughing stock of Europe but they themselves are heading to hell in a handcart unless they reform and very, very quickly.

No, there hasn't. Only one side broke the law. I am not talking about misinformation, but breaking the law.

[tweet]1105741066391744512[/tweet]

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Once I get to the top of the STH list think I need to move back to Brighton, seems to be a lot of sensible people about

Oh please move back it will be so cool, we at the people’s republic of Brighton love cool people like you, loads of dads who carry their babies in linen papooses, and we have a Oh Jeremy Corbyn night at the Level every Saturday with live folk band and natural yogurt stalls.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

You are absolutely correct. This is coming from someone who also voted Remain.

Also, there was clearly more power behind Remain, yet Leave still won. I think if there were to be another referendum the outcome would be the same, unless Remainers took seriously the concerns of Leavers and those negatively affected by the EU and promised to do something about it - but I do not have confidence that would happen.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This is the only way forward, surely. And I don't think there can be many options, a softer Brexit? Or another referendum? Or both?

Just get the feeling, as soon as any soft Brexit / 2nd ref. gets any momentum the Brexiteers will buckle and go with May's deal.

Does anyone know the betting odds on May's deal getting through? Maybe a bit of the Brexiteers has rubbed on me, and fancy a bit of disaster capitalism to fund our Wembley visit next month...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I wouldn't vote out of principal as I think that there shouldn't even be a consideration of another vote, We had a vote and the winner was to leave whether it be by 10m or 10 votes, the margin is immaterial, so leave it must be IMHO.

That's the remain campaign sorted as far as NSC is concerned.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't blame the EU at all. Why offer an extension if a couple of months when we've taken two years to achieve nothing. Perhaps the EU should offer an extension on the condition there is a people's vote on the choices, including remain!!!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You are absolutely correct. This is coming from someone who also voted Remain.

Also, there was clearly more power behind Remain, yet Leave still won. I think if there were to be another referendum the outcome would be the same, unless Remainers took seriously the concerns of Leavers and those negatively affected by the EU and promised to do something about it - but I do not have confidence that would happen.

The Remain campaign was weak, the problem was that it was the Government of the day delivering it and they could hardly tell the truth and say that a lot of the shit people are complaining about is down to UK Government, not the EU. Their message was, the EU is shit but it is better than being on our own. There are very few areas truly negatively affected overall by the EU.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here