Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Influential German MEP Elmar Brok tells @Stone_SkyNews he doesn't think EU27 will back a long extension because London "doesn't have a clue".

But member states less hardline, tho mood is bleak.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Please let there be a general election, with a subsequent extension of A50. Best possible scenario having a pro-Brexit leader and left-wing government leading the 11th hour negotiations.

To get an extension to A50, we have to show the EU countries why we actually want an extension and what we're going to do in that time. It is not automatic.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thats my thinking as well, its not like any of them are honest if there is money to be made.

Dude on the tele just said the 27 is unlikely to offer an extension as UK has no idea what it wants.

I think we know what we wanted. All the advantages of being in the EU with none of the responsibilities (and a few unicorns thrown in)

I blame Remainers/Theresa May/the EU/the Labour party/the Russians/Jimmy Saville

*delete as appropriate

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Meanwhile.

cameron.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need to never have another referendum again.

Unless we want foreign bad actors to impose their will on us by again pushing dis-information into our minds.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If there is a second referendum the leave option should be explicit and not just 'leave'.

Remain isn't specific. It doesn't cover future changes the EU might inflict upon us.

The options would have to be:
a).Remain (with a promise that we'll never join the Euro).
b).Remain (but with guaranteed no greater unification).
c).Remain (without a European army).
d),Remain (but without a & b)
e).Remain (but without a & c)
f).Remain (but without b & c)
g).Remain (but without a,b or c)

That would level the playing field somewhat - but I don't think our shyster parliamentarians would want a level playing field a second time around, would they.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can someone explain what happens if there is a NO vote to No Deal tomorrow, and then a NO vote to an extension of Article 50 on Thurs?!

I'm pretty sure even THESE politicians aren't capable of that outcome.

The main question now is:-

Will the EU allow us to extend Article 50? - It's not our decision they have to allow it unanimously.
&
For how long? - The Euro elections at the end of May would suggest id the answer is 'yes' it won't be for very long.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Agree I think they know the EU do not want no deal anymore than we do so keeping it on the table is about the only thing they have to use in any further EU negotiations.

Can easily see article 50 being extended which means we probably have another year of nothing but focus on this nonsense at the expense of the real issues that need addressing in this country

At least a year according to Mandellson on the telly. He said that EU have elections, which incidentally we have to participate in, and tusk will be replaced along with probably barrnier.

So they are not interested in brexit until all that is sorted and then we start again.

Meanwhile our country tears itself apart and we have another year plus of people calling each other *****.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Same old same old. They all know what they DON'T want. EU should tell them to go **** themselves and let them drop off the edge of the precipice at the end of the month. It truly is beyond pathetic.

That's ok unless you are having cancer treatment and need the isotopes, or need insulin which comes in from Denmark. Matt Hancock has said he cannot guarantee there won't be deaths in the case of a No Deal scenario.
http://www.hospitalhealthcare.com/e...deaths-after-no-deal-brexit-according-reports

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldn't vote out of principal as I think that there shouldn't even be a consideration of another vote, We had a vote and the winner was to leave whether it be by 10m or 10 votes, the margin is immaterial, so leave it must be IMHO.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Why not just disable comments on this thread. There's already a Brexit bun fight thread with people banging their heads together.

I'd vote remain because that's what I believe is best for Britain.

However, there is no best solution now. We are fundamentally damaged. Even if there was a second vote, I doubt that the result would see a conclusive margin one way or other, which is just as bad.

We are already divided 52/48 and why no politician has the gumption or courage to challenge the flawed narrative that the referendum is the overwhelming will of the people, I don't know.

A remain victory 52/48 would not solve anything. It might lead to the conclusion that we need a soft Brexit.

To remain, we need a 60/40 result, and we will not get that because many people are now so entrenched with the ideology of the Leave position. That ideology started 40 years ago when we conveniently started blaming Europe for all our ills.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There should never be a second vote.

Did you notice that parliament had a second vote today and didn’t get the same result as last time, despite the same people voting? At least 50 out of 650 changed their mind.

The details of what would be voted for are different. Why is it so stupid to check if anyone has changed their mind before making a huge decision one way or the other?

There was a vote today to leave. It was defeated. How do you think leave will happen?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If there was a second referendum, I would probably not vote as I think that for a leave voter, it would be the most likely way to scupper legitimacy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here