Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No probs mate, but that is the way most think of people who voted leave, on this site alone there is so much ire towards those with a difference of opinion on Brexit, just don’t get it.

No. I think you are making the same mistake of thinking one remark is representative of a whole group. There’s a big mix on both sides - evidenced by the huge rifts in the main political parties.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If it had been up to me I wouldn’t have let the public vote on it at all. How many people actually had any comprehension of what they were actually voting for? I didn’t.

Don't think many people did at all. I based my remain vote on the fact that the main protagonists for leave were the likes of Farage, Boris, Gove and Rees-Mogg, and whatever they were "for", I would likely be against. Turns out I was right.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Amendment to extend A50 for another referendum is defeated by 334 to 85. The HOP certainly know how to waste time.

I wonder if the march should have taken place before the vote ...... maybe it would have made a difference :lol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't think anybody voted to give away £39 billion to a bunch of crooks.Well,perhaps some of the crooks in the House did.

You literally did. There were whole DEBATE POINTS during the referendum about having to pay a divorce bill. Only those on the lunatic fringe of UKIP argued for no divorce bill. Do you reckon if you walked out on your wife she'd just happily forget your assets? Were you asleep during that part of the debate? Or drinking with Brian Robson?

Tragically the net impact on the country of no deal will be significantly more costly over the next decade than any divorce settlement

No deal is leaving the EU so I voted for that ... correct?

You voted for May's deal and no deal and the Norway option and Corbyn's "stay in the customs union" version. You also voted for none of them.

The only Putin agent in the EU isn't anybody I mentioned.Try looking for card-carrying Communist Party politicians who speak fluent Russian.

:facepalm:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Are you an MP?I can't think of another area that would allow someone as stupid as you employment.Do you have any idea of the amount of voluntary work done by pensioneers?Twunt.

Well, well, Two professors beign abusive, there’s a novelty.

If I cared one iota about your opinion, this may have annoyed me, as it is , you don’t appear to be able to communicate in an adult manner, without the need to bolster your ego with puerile insults.

Have a pleasant evening.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We don't want another referendum though. We want our leaders to swallow their egos, take the political hit, stand up and put an end to the whole sorry farce - face up to the fact that it was a terrible idea, remains a terrible course for the nation, and revoke the entire thing, without fuss.

They can't / won't do that though, as they are fearful of the political backlash, over 'betraying' the public - thus putting it to a second vote may offer the only way forward.

Agree totally.

When May became leader my view as a non-Tory was that she was probably the best of a bad bunch. I was going to say "How wrong I was", but maybe all the others would have been worse.

My six-year old granddaughter in wales has become fascinated by the whole thing. I don't know how much she understands about it all, but she apparently said yesterday that "that man (it was Liam Fox) isn't very good at speeching." Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings……..

Still, at least we have a trade agreement with the Faroe Islands.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't think many people did at all. I based my remain vote on the fact that the main protagonists for leave were the likes of Farage, Boris, Gove and Rees-Mogg, and whatever they were "for", I would likely be against. Turns out I was right.

Agreed, I also went for Devil you know

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Admendment to prevent any extention going past June defeated.

Even as a leaver I'm thinking WTF is going on ?? Parliament aren't going to agree on ANYTHING are they ?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

Even as a leaver I'm thinking WTF is going on ?? Parliament aren't going to agree on ANYTHING are they ?

One of two things is happening: Theresa May is persuing a very clever, Machiavellian strategy which ends up with her having no choice but to revoke article 50 then falling on her sword and calling a General Election.
Or she's useless.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

Mine was similar but replace the politicians with Rupert Murdoch, Viscount Rothermere and the Barclay Brothers.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As I said in aprevious post I don’t like to comment on politics as I know peoples emotions run high and maybe I don’t know enough about anything, I did vote to leave after all shock horror, after all, and your reply is the exact reason I don’t like to get too involved. Let’s try and make someone look/ sound stupid because they have a difference of opinion to oneself, clearly you are far smarter than me sir, should I just yield to your clearly superior political knowledge? this is what politics does to people and it gets right up my nose, your comment has put my back up well done.
Just to clarify, the point I was trying to make in my “Neanderthal, homophobic, sexist, racist, dark age, meat headed” way (I am a leaver don’t forget) was that a democratic vote had taken place in 2016, that vote was won by one campaign and lost by another, since then the losing campaigners have bleated on and on about losing, and, how unfair everything is to the point where we are now potentially staring down the barrels of a second referendum and so on until said losing campaigners win the day, therefore if a second referendum does take place that would overturn the original democratic result of 2016, so to me, and it is my humble opinion, our democracy would have died back in 2016. Hope this helps?

I think your post is a reminder of what an astonishing win it was for the Leave campaign. Everything was firmly stacked against it, almost impossibly so. It was unthinkable that the Remainers would lose it was so weighted to their advantage. A truly seismic shock, no wonder they’ve never believed it would happen but even the Guardian, I recall, acknowledged that the belittling and patronising approach spectacularly backfired. Seems lessons still not learnt by many...!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Agree totally.

When May became leader my view as a non-Tory was that she was probably the best of a bad bunch. I was going to say "How wrong I was", but maybe all the others would have been worse.

My six-year old granddaughter in wales has become fascinated by the whole thing. I don't know how much she understands about it all, but she apparently said yesterday that "that man (it was Liam Fox) isn't very good at speeching." Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings……..

Still, at least we have a trade agreement with the Faroe Islands.

And Papua New Guinea, don’t forget Papua New Guinea.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

It’s an absolute farce. Is that end of June. Beginning of June? In which case we might as well fast forward to either because nothing, nothing will be agreed then either. It’s time to put them all in a room, lock the door and no one comes out until decisions are made. No food water or access to toilets either. The f uckers have had more than enough time. And if they die literally in their own faeces then so be it. Next...!

D

Deleted member 22389

It's an absolute bloody disgrace. The views of 17M+ doesn't matter to them. They are wrecking Brexit in front of our eyes.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
So we're no further forward ! No deal coming ...... let's just do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here