Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
If she was remain she would not be pushing any form of brexit! She is a leaver.

Or might it be that she was a remainer, but unlike so many in the Westminster bubble, bows to the referendum result and accepts the will of the majority, narrow as it was.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
We don't want another referendum though. We want our leaders to swallow their egos, take the political hit, stand up and put an end to the whole sorry farce - face up to the fact that it was a terrible idea, remains a terrible course for the nation, and revoke the entire thing, without fuss.

They can't / won't do that though, as they are fearful of the political backlash, over 'betraying' the public - thus putting it to a second vote may offer the only way forward.

Then the answer would appear to be to call for a GE rather than a referendum then. Elect a new government.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
We don't want another referendum though. We want our leaders to swallow their egos, take the political hit, stand up and put an end to the whole sorry farce - face up to the fact that it was a terrible idea, remains a terrible course for the nation, and revoke the entire thing, without fuss.They can't / won't do that though, as they are fearful of the political backlash, over 'betraying' the public - thus putting it to a second vote may offer the only way forward.
Whilst I fully see what you are saying but this is the problem isn't it and you are equally as guilty. You say; let's pack it all up and do what you think is best. Others would not be sure.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
But I am really struggling to understand why all these people who want to leave the EU (your Brexiteer MPs), given the opportunity to vote to leave the EU (TM's plan), then vote against it.

It's almost as if they all want completely different things :)

Because it's a sh*t plan which numerous remainers also acknowledge ... so sh*t it's possibly worse than staying in. Vote to 'take back control' and then sign up to a treaty where we can't unilaterally decide to leave ... what's hard to understand? :facepalm: The only reason some Brexiteers are supporting it is they fear the Remain MP dominated parliment will come up with something even worse.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
My brother in law on Facebook, he’s very much a Leaver, is calling for a General strike. He’s self employed, and would anyone notice if the retired Leave voters stop work??

Are you an MP?I can't think of another area that would allow someone as stupid as you employment.Do you have any idea of the amount of voluntary work done by pensioneers?Twunt.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Good grief ..... you really have some obbession about him. I voted for Kyle because out of the people standing he was by far the best mainly based on his previous record. I didn't vote for him for his stance on Brexit - you do realise there are other things to deal with outside Brexit don't you ? It helped that the Tories put up some religious happy clappy nutcase that made the DUP look moderate. I don't tend to vote for religious people because it's rather difficult to trust someone that believes in some made up all powerful being.

I'm not obsessed, I find it bemusing you voted for the biggest remain supporter in Sussex though when you're a Brexit at any cost, crazed zealot.

I'm pleased that's he's standing up for marginalised minorities in his constituency like you who voted for Brexit by suggesting it passes into law and you can then vote for it and endorse it as per his Kyle/Wilson amendment. It might yet happen if the Common Market 2.0 other version of Brexit you voted for doesn't and the commons impasse remains.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Because it's a sh*t plan which numerous remainers also acknowledge ... so sh*t it's possibly worse than staying in. Vote to 'take back control' and then sign up to a treaty where we can't unilaterally decide to leave ... what's hard to understand? :facepalm: The only reason some Brexiteers are supporting it is they fear the Remain MP dominated parliment will come up with something even worse.

But, whether it's sh*t or not is irrelevant. IT WAS WHAT YOU VOTED FOR :shrug:

You didn't vote to 'Take back control' as it was not on the ballot paper

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Or some brexiteers actually have realised that this shit deal is the best Brexit gets.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Wonder what Farage's mates Salvini and Orban think of an extension to Article 50?Does a single veto kick it into the long grass?:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Who said the Germans have no sense of humour?Volkswagen's big boss,"Erbit Macht Frei",what a card,eh?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Since the day after the referendum always the same three options (of which one was never going to happen). So with only 2 real options it should be easy. I think I may have changed the order and maybe that's confused you.

Keep your eye on the ball, not the cup :wink:

As has been pointed out numerous times before, your 'three' options have changed in number and type but yes that covers some guesses you missed out an agreement Canada ++ deal though.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I can’t really see any other option, and by allowing a 2nd vote, it means the government can pass the onus over to us, which I think at this point in time would be the right thing to do....seeing as the government haven’t a clue which way to go.
Nope give us another vote, and go with the public opinion, and I think they’re would be the best voting turnout we’ll see in our lifetime !

I don't think that's true. They will grant an extension of a couple of months to get the deal passed but they won't grant it if May just wants to come back to negotiate another one unless she agrees to drop her red lines (or some of them).

They will grant a longer extension if there's a major development in the UK (a referendum or a general election) but it would have to be something significant like that.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As has been pointed out numerous times before, your 'three' options have changed in number and type but yes that covers some guesses you missed out an agreement Canada ++ deal though.

Maybe if you could tell me what Canada ++ is I might be able to help. Or is it the one that's taken Canada 7 years to negotiate, isn't fully implemented and has no service element ? (I'm guessing the ++ is probably with added unicorns)

I can't imagine anyone would think that was a goer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here