Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Can someone explain what happens if there is a NO vote to No Deal tomorrow, and then a NO vote to an extension of Article 50 on Thurs?!

Vote to revoke, if that gets a No we will need the bloody Queen to step in and do it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If it had been up to me I wouldn’t have let the public vote on it at all. How many people actually had any comprehension of what they were actually voting for? I didn’t.

As far as I can see, it should left to NSC. It clearly has many of the world's most knowledgeable and wise people posting.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The reason for the shitstorm is not the narrowness of the vote. It is the impossibility of delivering a Brexit that a majority support.

If the new referendum was:

Remain
Leave no deal
Leave with whatever Rees-Mogg can negociate

Then remain would walk it.

The reason people vote leave is the same reason people would vote for an afterlife - a belief that things will be better in the afterlife. The fact that there is no such thing as an afterlife is no hindrance to hope. Everyone who believes in an afterlife has a clear idea of what it is, but this clear idea is not the same idea for all believers. However those who don't believe in an afterlife all have the same idea.

I have said repeatedly we will never leave, because we can't. I still believe this. I'm not even worried about it any more.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Same old same old. They all know what they DON'T want. EU should tell them to go **** themselves and let them drop off the edge of the precipice at the end of the month. It truly is beyond pathetic.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Meg will be disappointed. She's been telling you for nearly 3 years :wink:

*edit* Although [MENTION=29538]Mayonaise[/MENTION] makes a very good point.

Thats my thinking as well, its not like any of them are honest if there is money to be made.

Dude on the tele just said the 27 is unlikely to offer an extension as UK has no idea what it wants.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Irrelevant. We need to move forward, post mortems won't solve Jack.

Someone posted eloquently on this a while ago. If you promised to buy a house two years ago on the strength of how it was described by the seller, but without having inspected it yourself, then when you went to see it the house was not what was described, and was falling apart, would you say 'oh well, a promise is a promise'?

That would be completely mindfugglingly idiotic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here