Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
'No deal' is indeed, leaving the EU.

But I don't think you would have been naive enough to believe it was a realistic option ???

Not my preferred option but an option which should have been prepared for properly making it less damaging.

But why would we want to take a deal that's been specifically negotiated for Canada. It would be like taking a deal that's been specifically negotiated for Norway. I'm sure these deals are very good for Norway or Canada, but I think you may find our GDP splits, economy and political situation may be a little different.

What I would prefer to do is spend 40 years (I wouldn't want to rush it, could you imagine how that would end up :lolol:) negotiating the best deal possible for Britain. You know, getting the best of the customs union, trade etc whilst keeping vetoes over things like Schengen, the Euro etc and negotiating rebates. It will probably be quite hard work and take a lot of people a lot of time to get the right deal.

Then maybe when we have got the best deal possible over the 40 years, we could throw it all away for something that would be far simpler to understand and easier to shout like Canada++ Norway+++++ or 'No deal++++++' :rolleyes:

See the plus plus bit, start from the basis of Canada and improve to include the priorities of the worlds 5th largest economy.

For the best deal or the right deal for Britain in the EU see fighting a failing rear guard action against ever closer union ending up in a second-tier outer membership rump as the majority/core head towards their Federal superstate dream.... yay.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Who would you have a civil war with, who’s the other side for you then?

I'm a Royalist, ironically if Charles I had won we wouldn't be in this mess of Parliament's making ;) Let the Queen decide i.e. flip a coin - faster, cheaper and just as democratic seemingly.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yeah I know, but can you answer the question please?
Sorry, was just being a spelling Nazi for fun. I don't actually understand the question in this context.

Did you mean the amendment that was defeated as if so no, that does not mean there won't be a second referendum.

This explains it better than me as I'm a DULLARD.

MPs vote by majority of 210 to extend article 50 and delay Brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...brexit?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Strange ..... I've lost count the number of remainers who have said referendums shouldn't be allowed as we vote for MPs and Parliament to make these decisions for us. Indeed Gina Miller went to court to prove it and won. Yet now remainers want another referendum ...... now that IS utter hypocritical bullshit.

That's a bit silly. No one is more in favour of Britain's ancient traditions of representative democracy than I am but the only way you can reconsider Brexit is by asking the people, using the same method as before. There will be cries of 'fix' if you don't. That's not hypocricy, it's consistency.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
There are 13,000,000 people in this nation who have no skin in this Brexit malarkey. There are 150+ nation states on this planet with populations less than the number of UK citizens who didn't vote in the referendum. Bizarre and useless factoid.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yeah but you suggested a Civil War, keen to know who your opponents would be?

I'd probably become a mercenary, a gun for hire, a bounty hunter, a cheesier version of Boba Fett i.e. Boba Feta

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What happens if the EU tells us Brexit on the date agreed or forget it...........

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That's a bit silly. No one is more in favour of Britain's ancient traditions of representative democracy than I am but the only way you can reconsider Brexit is by asking the people, using the same method as before. There will be cries of 'fix' if you don't. That's not hypocricy, it's consistency.

Nah ... hypocritical bullshit is spot on.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What happens if the EU tells us Brexit on the date agreed or forget it...........

Assuming The Withdrawal Agreement doesn't pass, then No deal or revoke A50.

If The Withdrawal Agreement doesn't pass and they still agree to an A50 extension, it'll be until quite a bit later than June 30th.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here