Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. Blame the EU.

Brexit promised so much (that the politicians knew were outright lies) and couldn't be delivered, but it is all the fault of the foreigners.

Britain started it, not the EU, but somehow it is all their fault. Give me strength!
Don't be so silly. The EU has form for this. The politicians (who mostly support the EU) were elected on manifestos that supported leaving. The mistake was not to fight the election with some kind of plan/s to implement it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge but when is the next vote and what will it be on? Whether we will leave with a no deal?

No, it's the one about whether or not Parliament should give a flying f*ck about what the electorate has voted for, and whether they can get away with ignoring it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So you are saying we are stuck with Europe forever, since whatever the result of future votes the hassle involved will make folks just give up?

yes

But we need to engage, and not just sit snooty on the sidelines, not bother fronting up for committees. Change and lead from within.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would be loathed to vote again as it would mean the forces intent on ignoring the biggest democratic event in our nation's history had prevailed. We enact democratic results of elections in our country (as promised before the referendum by the government) ... keep asking the question until you get the 'right' result is all very EU :shit:
It's like the last 3 months have passed you by and you can do better than this. The biggest problem is the GFA, and it is clear that no thought was ever given to it. It's not the fault of the EU, they're not the ones trying to change the status quo.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's our own fault, we never really embraced European politics and elected passionate people who wanted to Make it better. Instead we elected the likes of Farage who either never turned up or just slagged off every attempt at constructive debate.

Who did embrace it? 43% turnout at the last EU elections. Doesn't seem like the citizens of Europe are very keen either.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. Blame the EU.

Brexit promised so much (that the politicians knew were outright lies) and couldn't be delivered, but it is all the fault of the foreigners.

Britain started it, not the EU, but somehow it is all their fault. Give me strength!

*sigh* The forces intent on ignoring the referendum in the Uk mirroring the EU's contempt for the electorate.

For 'Britain started it' see the largest democratic vote in our countries history.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No, it's the one about whether or not Parliament should give a flying f*ck about what the electorate has voted for, and whether they can get away with ignoring it.

Or whether the electorate has any respect at all for our Parliamentary democracy that has stood for 300 years, some 250 years before the nation ever considered holding a referendum.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Who did embrace it? 43% turnout at the last EU elections. Doesn't seem like the citizens of Europe are very keen either.

Having seen the chaos here for the last 2 years maybe they might start taking it seriously.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
I watched the debating and vote today with interest. The most significant point that struck me was our MP's don't give a flying fig for their constituents. It was all I this and I that no mention at all about the people they represent. One MP spoke of the votes the we the public have made over the decades. All of them followed what the Government wanted. But the referendum went against the grain, they weren't expecting such a result. You had a very pro EU government now having to leave a club they don't want to leave. So in my opinion they have cleverly with the help of Barnier and Juncker come up with a plan for us not to leave. Will a second one help, maybe. But the old adage " be careful what you wish for" has a glorious ring to it.
I'll be voting leave yet again.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
*sigh* The forces intent on ignoring the referendum in the Uk mirroring the EU's contempt for the electorate.

For 'Britain started it' see the largest democratic vote in our countries history.

Of course Britain started it. The EU didn't vote to kick us out.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Or whether the electorate has any respect at all for our Parliamentary democracy that has stood for 300 years, some 250 years before the nation ever considered holding a referendum.
.....and some deluded people think that Parliament is an upholder of Parliamentary democracy, given that they are doing their best to bring it into such a level of disrepute that the concept may not survive much longer with any credibility. Though god knows what we'll replace it with (and that'll be a far harder than Brexit for all those 'let's scupper Brexit' MPs to find an answer for!)

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I was a very marginal remainer and could quite easily have voted leave.

Since the referendum I've definitely swung behind the leave option. So I guess you could say I've changed my mind...albeit marginally.

Said without judgement but how the effing hell can the last two years have convinced you that the better option is to leave? What was it that swayed you?

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I voted remain in 2016 and would do so again, however, I don't believe there should be one. Brexit has all but broken politics in this country and I fear another referendum would see a lurch to extremism in both directions

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I won't have much respect for Parliament if they do not hold to the promises made in their manifestos.

The Tory manifesto said they would leave the customs union and single market. The Labour manifesto said they would stay in the customs union and align with the single market. They have largely voted on those lines.

All this talk of betrayal is just hubris. The MPs elected on delivering a Brexit with a customs union couldn't vote for May's deal. The same could be applied to being elected not being part of a customs union when the back stop keeps that on the table. If anything, Parliament has remained too faithful to their manifesto promises, being too intransigent on both sides to compromise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here