Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's an absolute bloody disgrace. The views of 17M+ doesn't matter to them. They are wrecking Brexit in front of our eyes.

Hold on. I thought you leavers wanted a sovereign Parliament? Isn’t this what you’re now watching?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Mine was similar but replace the politicians with Rupert Murdoch, Viscount Rothermere and the Barclay Brothers.
Or basically consider the whole lot of them. I did the same. Anything that crew is in favour of (or in the case of Boris, says that they are in favour of while thinking the complete opposite) I'm pretty likely to be completely and totally against.

Add in Aaron Banks, Putin and Trump...... well.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Labour abstained. PV will try again after 20th when May's 3rd try is defeated.

[tweet]1106248645610033152[/tweet]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I don't follow, please explain further Mr T! :)
Without putting words in HTs mouth, the reason (apparently) why so many voted Leave was so that we had control of our own laws and we could make our own decisions.

That is what is happening right now with the shower of tits that we have in charge.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't think anybody voted to give away £39 billion to a bunch of crooks.Well,perhaps some of the crooks in the House did.

You literally did. There were whole DEBATE POINTS during the referendum about having to pay a divorce bill. Only those on the lunatic fringe of UKIP argued for no divorce bill. Do you reckon if you walked out on your wife she'd just happily forget your assets?

After cracking open the champagne I’m certain she most certainly would.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have I missed a vote which the 'ayes' have actually won?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
So we're no further forward ! No deal coming ...... let's just do it.

87651635.ExdwAP6i.DSC06554_s.jpg

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I think your post is a reminder of what an astonishing win it was for the Leave campaign. Everything was firmly stacked against it, almost impossibly so. It was unthinkable that the Remainers would lose it was so weighted to their advantage. A truly seismic shock, no wonder they’ve never believed it would happen but even the Guardian, I recall, acknowledged that the belittling and patronising approach spectacularly backfired. Seems lessons still not learnt by many...!

With hindsight it's not that surprising really. Brexit was sold as all things to all men and women. In that sense everything was stacked in its favour. Whatever you wanted Brexit to be it was. There is nothing this country can't do or be if we are free.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Parliament is the ultimate decision-maker in our democracy. The Government of the day is the Executive body of Parliament. The government of the day set the agenda for Parliament and votes for policy are either accepted or rejected. Of course, the size of a Government's majority usually depends on how effective the Executive body is. And crucially, Parliament is usually divided along ideological lines left or right of centre - which Brexit has COMPLETELY ****ed up. That's why they can't agree on anything, irrespective of what 37% of the eligible voting public decided in 2016.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Without putting words in HTs mouth, the reason (apparently) why so many voted Leave was so that we had control of our own laws and we could make our own decisions.

That is what is happening right now with the shower of tits that we have in charge.

Thank you. Although we haven't left yet, ain't that the problem i.e. we're not being allowed to?! I don't know whether to open the drinks or gun cabinet...:shootself:whisky:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Parliament is the ultimate decision-maker in our democracy. The Government of the day is the Executive body of Parliament. The government of the day set the agenda for Parliament and votes for policy are either accepted or rejected. Of course, the size of a Government's majority usually depends on how effective the Executive body is. And crucially, Parliament is usually divided along ideological lines left or right of centre - which Brexit has COMPLETELY ****ed up. That's why they can't agree on anything, irrespective of what 37% of the eligible voting public decided in 2016.

Time for a civil war? I'm beginning to admire the efficiency of dictatorships...:eek:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think your post is a reminder of what an astonishing win it was for the Leave campaign. Everything was firmly stacked against it, almost impossibly so. It was unthinkable that the Remainers would lose it was so weighted to their advantage. A truly seismic shock, no wonder they’ve never believed it would happen but even the Guardian, I recall, acknowledged that the belittling and patronising approach spectacularly backfired. Seems lessons still not learnt by many...!

The government instigated the referendum. They led the campaign to Remain, and to Leave for that matter. They lead Brexit and have not countenanced any other opinions other than their own. Will they learn any lessons? I very much doubt it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here