Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knocky`s card ,right or wrong

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Seen players sent off for less tbh, but as has been said both should have been booked, i would add though, on the replays it does look like Knocky extends his leg to make sure.

Glad he was booked as that means no retrespective red due to replays making it look worse as in Andone's case.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What was he thinking, esp at that stage of such an important match? Could have let us down badly yet ends up a hero.

Fine lines ....

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Agree 100%

They both dived into the challenge, just because the Palace player got hurt doesn’t mean his challenge wasn’t as bad. He caught Knocky high up on the thigh and if he hadn’t got caught in the nuts most on here would have been wanting a red for him

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
He went in, studs up and pushed into Milivojevic's nuts. Absolute nailed on red for me.

Nailed on red. I can't believe how many people are missing the quite deliberate secondary " pushing " action aimed directly at their players groin. Obviously, delighted that he did not go off. On Sky analysis Dermot Gallagher suggests not sending him off was the correct decision and that it should have been two yellows as both went in with studs up. Again this overlooks Knocky's secondary action.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Agree 100%

They both dived into the challenge, just because the Palace player got hurt doesn’t mean his challenge wasn’t as bad. He caught Knocky high up on the thigh and if he hadn’t got caught in the nuts most on here would have been wanting a red for him

This for me. Both went in but Knockaert got the contact.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Looked like he made clean contact with the ball(s) to me, can't see what all the fuss is about.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He went in, studs up and pushed into Milivojevic's nuts. Absolute nailed on red for me.
Milivojevic went in, studs up. Absolute nailed on red for me - well, it would be if I was wearing blue and white-tinted specs! Gallagher nailed this one 100% - Milivojevic should have had a yellow too.

Out of interest, did anyone catch Refwatch on SSN yesterday? Presumably this is where the Argus article came from - so did he say anything about the nailed on pen (Dann on Duffy) that the ref completely missed?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yellow for both players who both went in with studs up.

Two retired refs have already said Knocky's yellow card was the right decision (as posted on a couple of threads yesterday)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Could have easily been a red though. Risky tackle

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Strange comment from the article though, Gallagher says "I think both players are culpable and I do not think it is a red card because both players go two footed."
That sort of implies if one player goes in two footed, it could be a red, but if both do, they should get a yellow each?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here