Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Marmite

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
I've recently discovered peanut butter and Marmite on toast, after reading about it on here. What a revelation!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Assuming it has no mold then it's fine I have never looked at the date on marmite but the large jars I purchased of marmite probably five years ago both jars were reduced in price hence we purchased two we are now on the second jar and having just checked I have to say prompted by this thread I note it went out of date in 2015 and as of yet it's still fine, I can recall as a child in the 1960s whilst visiting my grandma she had some tinned fish that we ate for tea that had a date of the 1938 I cannot remember if that was when it was tinned or a best before date if in fact such a thing existed at that time, I do think we do pay a little to much attention to stated dates and not enough attention to our own sence of smell, sight and taste

I agree, there are too many stupid guidelines. My jar of marmite actually tastes better than before.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I've recently discovered peanut butter and Marmite on toast, after reading about it on here. What a revelation!

I wondered whether you'd had the recommendation from me.I posted about this delight some time ago, but I have a self imposed ban at the moment, 'cos it doesn't help my weight loss aims!:annoyed:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

I wondered whether you'd had the recommendation from me.I posted about this delight some time ago, but I have a self imposed ban at the moment, 'cos it doesn't help my weight loss aims!:annoyed:

great combination (in moderation of course)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Missed this thread when it was first mentioned.

Another fan of Peanut Butter & Marmite l here.

That new spread has got to be tried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here