Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Millwall

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Despite 2 weeks off after the game, I guarantee CH will make changes. Hope we play the strongest possible though.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've just noticed that Skalak is signed up with them. I don't know his playing status though or if he will be playing on Sunday.

They signed him in the summer. Their record signing. He hasn't played much for them, and his appearances and minutes on the pitch have declined since his arrival from a cursory glance at things.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Play the strongest team possible.

No chance - Still a few points to be won to secure safety in the league, so cant take any risks with injuries or suspensions to key players in important matches coming up.

Izquierdo does need some game time though and would be good to see how he and Jahanbaksh perform on left and right wings respectively because they are the future first choices in those positions I think

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If Izquierdo isn't match fit, the only way he'll get that is matches - therefore he needs to play a significant part in the match.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We need to win the midfield "battle" so no youngsters in for this one, just the old warhorses Kayal, Stephens and Propper. Build the team around them.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very difficult for Manager. Whilst regular first team would understand why squad players played in earlier rounds I don't think they will be feeling same now. It is almost definite a once in a career opportunity to get to Wembly

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd be pleasantly surprised if Gross is in the squad. You'd imagine with the international break they'll look to maximise his recovery time. With Bissouma injured I suspect it's likely we switch to 4-4-1-1 so that we can have an established centre midfielder on the bench.

Could see Jose starting, not quite sure what he'll do with the attacking mids. Could easily be March off Murray, Jahanbakhsh on right, Jose on left.

Button
Bruno - Duffy - Burn - Bernardo
Knockaert - Stephens - Kayal - March
Jahanbakhsh
Murray

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
No way will the club risk injury and suspension when we are only 5 points above the drop zone. If we were all but safe (and Chris would need us to be at 38 points now to feel that way) then we 'might' see a much stronger line up. If Murray broke his bloody leg against a thundering/struggling/wound up Millwall side then we'd be ****ed in both the league and cup.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Record signing blimey. I've always felt that his name promised a better footballer than what he could actually deliver.

Yup. I never really rated him, despite some glorious moments (set pieces, that goal vs QPR, numerous delightful crosses such as the one for Glenn's second in the five-nil tonking of Norwich). Too slow, too weak, too transparent. The record only pertains because Millwall are yet to spend any significant amount on a player. I think he was less than a million, or there or thereabouts.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
My guess as to CH's line up:

Button

Bruno
Duffy
Burn
Bong

Propper
Stephens
Kayal

Locadia
Murray
March

I'd be fine with it tbh. Duffy and Burn very likely starters as you would imagine we will be dealing with a fair amount of aerial challenges. Bruno and Bong as they have missed out recently, Locadia similarly. Midfield 3 picks itself with Bissouma suspended. He might go JL through the middle and start either AJ or AK but we shall see.
This too is what I think the starting 11 will be

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
If Andone is going to be out for a while then wrap Murray in cotton wool and start Locadia. The risk of having neither Murray nor Andone is simply to big. Also don't risk Gross if not fully fit.

Other than that start with a full strength side and hopefully give Izquierdo some good game time.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's the quarter final of the F.A cup. We have a golden opportunity to make the semi finals for only the second time ion our history. I'd love us to go as strong as possible:

Ryan

Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

Stephens
Propper
Kayal

Kockaert
Murray
Jahanbaksh

I suspect however Hughton will make changes. Something like:

Button

Bruno
Duffy
Burn
Bong

Stephens
Propper
Kayal

March
Locadia
Izquierdo

That's really not a bad team but I really hope we go all out for it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yup. I never really rated him, despite some glorious moments (set pieces, that goal vs QPR, numerous delightful crosses such as the one for Glenn's second in the five-nil tonking of Norwich). Too slow, too weak, too transparent. The record only pertains because Millwall are yet to spend any significant amount on a player. I think he was less than a million, or there or thereabouts.

He was a lastminute.com desperate signing as backup for Lua Lua, like The Greyhound was for Bruno.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I wouldn't risk any players who are not fully fit and I'd expect to see game time for a few of the squad players who haven't had much recently. The 2nd string of a premier league squad should have plenty in the tank to overturn a Championship side

Button
Bruno, Balogun, Burn, Bong
March, Kayal, Stephens, Izquierdo
Jahanbakash
Locadia

Bench: Steele, Duffy, Bernardo, Knockaert, Propper, Murray, Gyorkeres

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wouldn't risk any players who are not fully fit and I'd expect to see game time for a few of the squad players who haven't had much recently. The 2nd string of a premier league squad should have plenty in the tank to overturn a Championship side Button
Bruno, Balogun, Burn, Bong
March, Kayal, Stephens, Izquierdo
Jahanbakash
Locadia

Bench: Steele, Duffy, Bernardo, Knockaert, Propper, Murray, Gyorkeres

Pretty sure Everton thought that....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here