Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Millwall

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
FFS... we have been handed an absolute peach of a draw in the QF of the FA Cup... no way should we go weak with our team... the strongest possible line-up please Chris... no excuses, except maybe at striker, where Andone's fitness needs to be factored-in...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A potential 3 week break for the normal starting 11 isn't helpful. They need this game time in the fight against relegation. Any players on the fringes will get their chance later in the league or cup when and if players get injured.

Whenever we have a break we hear the excuse that players have to get up to match fitness again, just after a couple of weeks. This break will be 3 weeks.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Same as Saturday, except Kayal for Biss and play Propper in the more advanced No.10 role. They have a week off before and after the game, go strong and go to Wembley.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Considerations for each position below

Keeper - I can't see any justification for playing Button. Ryan is our best keeper. He plays.

Full backs - I've no strong opinions as I think the selection decisions are fairly marginal. I imagine it will be Bruno and Bong

Centre Backs - Burn has done well and knows the division. I would play Duffy an Dunk though. Time to make a statement we're going for this competition.

Centre Mid - I think he's start with a 3, but if he needs to sub a centre mid, then go to 4-4-1-1. Given it's three, then the 3 fit senior players, Kayal, Stephens and Propper all play,

Wingers - Marginal selection decisions here as well. Knocky must keep his place on current form if you ask me. I'd start Izquierdo to give him the minutes, but give March and Ali J half an hour each at the end.

Striker - The ballsy decision (or obvious one given there's an international break) is to play Murray. If Andone looks like he could miss some time though, then I could understand playing Locadia. Though I think its over cautious

So my team is ...

-------------Ryan
Bruno Dunk Duffy Bong
----------Stephens
------Kayal ----Propper
Knocky ------------Izquierdo
------------Murray

Button, Montoya, Burn, Sanders, March, Ali J, Locadia

It won't be that strong though

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
No way will the club risk injury and suspension when we are only 5 points above the drop zone. If we were all but safe (and Chris would need us to be at 38 points now to feel that way) then we 'might' see a much stronger line up. If Murray broke his bloody leg against a thundering/struggling/wound up Millwall side then we'd be ****ed in both the league and cup.

Absolutely right. No way CH will risk too many first teamers against the Millwall thugs, with the 6 pointer up next against Southampton, even if it is a few weels away.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If Izquierdo isn't match fit, the only way he'll get that is matches - therefore he needs to play a significant part in the match.

Absolutely. Need to get some minutes in his legs after a relatively long period of inactivity. Those minutes might be vital in the PL games still to come.

Ryan

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

March
Stephens
Kayal
Izquierdo

Ali J

Murray

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Considerations for each position below

Keeper - I can't see any justification for playing Button. Ryan is our best keeper. He plays.

Full backs - I've no strong opinions as I think the selection decisions are fairly marginal. I imagine it will be Bruno and Bong

Centre Backs - Burn has done well and knows the division. I would play Duffy an Dunk though. Time to make a statement we're going for this competition.

Centre Mid - I think he's start with a 3, but if he needs to sub a centre mid, then go to 4-4-1-1. Given it's three, then the 3 fit senior players, Kayal, Stephens and Propper all play,

Wingers - Marginal selection decisions here as well. Knocky must keep his place on current form if you ask me. I'd start Izquierdo to give him the minutes, but give March and Ali J half an hour each at the end.

Striker - The ballsy decision (or obvious one given there's an international break) is to play Murray. If Andone looks like he could miss some time though, then I could understand playing Locadia. Though I think its over cautious

So my team is ...

-------------Ryan
Bruno Dunk Duffy Bong
----------Stephens
------Kayal ----Propper
Knocky ------------Izquierdo
------------Murray

Button, Montoya, Burn, Sanders, March, Ali J, Locadia

It won't be that strong though

I would argue that Bernardo, Montoya, Bissouma and Ali Jak all need game time as preparation for Southampton. All of these players are only just settling in with minimal playing time this season apart from Montoya who has played a bit more, but still settling in.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would argue that Bernardo, Montoya, Bissouma and Ali Jak all need game time as preparation for Southampton. All of these players are only just settling in with minimal playing time this season apart from Montoya who has played a bit more, but still settling in.

Bissouma is suspended isn’t he ?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Any first teamer who will not be going on international duty should play in my opinion

Ryan, Bong, Dunk, Duffy, Balogun (if fit), Pröpper, Kayal, Alireza, Andone (if fit) will all be off with their countries. Possibly Izquierdo, too. Won't leave you much to choose from.

Button

Bruno
Burn
?
Bernardo

??
Stephens
??

March
Murray
Locadia

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Just a thought. From our perspective I know that this is all bolllocks but being cynical from the clubs point of view isn't there a marketing issue here as well. If Albion reach the FA cup final this furthers our profile and prestige on the international TV stage, young kids in China and India buy our shirts and merchandise, people want to be associated with the 'brand', etc..In other words, each game is an advert, if we put out our best team we (the club) are more likely to reap financial rewards ( but only if we stay up). So will the team selection be partly a business decision?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
As much as I would like to see the strongest team possible, its a bit of a slap in the face to the players who have got the club this far in the competition, if that's the case.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Millwall were at Bolton last Saturday & were the worst team we've seen this season. They play an inept version of hoofball to a poor target man ( their fans are turning against them as well ) so as long as you play 2 physically strong, good in the air centre halfs, it really should be an easy win for Brighton........even Bolton beat them !!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My choice would be:

Button
Bruno....Duffy....Burn...Bong
Jahakanbahsh.....Sanders,,,Stephens,,,March
Propper/Gross
Locadia,​

Subs: Steele or Sanchez, Dunk Bernardo, Molumby, Murray, Izquierdo, Kayal.

Depending on international call up Duffy or Dunk possibly even Balogun, if fit, to partner Burn. Locadia or Andone depending on fitness.

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If it was a game of Championship Manager I would definitely give starts to Gyokeres, Molumby, Burn & Izquierdo.

Millwall are completely shit.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Handy Millwall are playing another important game tomorrow night.

Got a feeling our game could go into extra time

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Just a thought. From our perspective I know that this is all bolllocks but being cynical from the clubs point of view isn't there a marketing issue here as well. If Albion reach the FA cup final this furthers our profile and prestige on the international TV stage, young kids in China and India buy our shirts and merchandise, people want to be associated with the 'brand', etc..In other words, each game is an advert, if we put out our best team we (the club) are more likely to reap financial rewards ( but only if we stay up). So will the team selection be partly a business decision?

The team selection will be a business decision - and the business decision is staying in the PL. The marketing exposure of being in the PL is huge compared to winning the FA Cup. Whether that's right or not has been debated endlessly since Sky invented football.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
The team selection will be a business decision - and the business decision is staying in the PL. The marketing exposure of being in the PL is huge compared to winning the FA Cup. Whether that's right or not has been debated endlessly since Sky invented football.

I guess you are right and I'd support that.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Anyone who is suggesting anything other than our strongest possible 11 is insane. Pick the team most likely to take us to the semi-final.
They have had a full week between matches, with a week before that. No match for 2 weeks after. The team/club will be on cloud 9 after Saturday.
**** the internationals, not many of our players will be first 11 for their countries anyway.

Ryan

Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

Propper
Stephens
Kayal

AK
Murray
AJ

Subs: Button, Bruno, Burn, Sanders, March, Izzy, Locadia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here