Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I would go with a very strong team:
Ryan
Bruno Burn Dunk Bernardo
Propper Stephens Kayal
Knockaert Murray Izqueirdo

but I think he'll stick with Button.

Fantastic chance to reach the semifinal AND to keep the winning momentum going. With a 2 week gap after, no excuse not to go for it.

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
BTW 'wall have 3 players cuptied (Ben Marshall (remember him? We tried to sign him from Blackburn once upon a time); Ben Thompson and Fred Onyedinma) and 1 key defender banned (Murray Wallace who scored v Wimbledon and v Everton). They've lost their last 4 and have to play at Brum tonight while we put our feet up.

We'll never have a better chance to reach the FAC semis.

PG

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
BTW 'wall have 3 players cuptied (Ben Marshall (remember him? We tried to sign him from Blackburn once upon a time); Ben Thompson and Fred Onyedinma) and 1 key defender banned (Murray Wallace who scored v Wimbledon and v Everton). They've lost their last 4 and have to play at Brum tonight while we put our feet up.

We'll never have a better chance to reach the FAC semis.

PG

Cue an absolute shtehouse performance and ignominious defeat.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
If my memory serves me Shaun Williams turned down Brighton few years ago to sign for Millwall

CH didn't even have Ryan on the bench at Old Trafford last season, so I can't see him starting him this. However, this match could easily go to extra time and I'd prefer Ryan over Steele on the bench. As well as providing an able substitute in the event of an injury to Button over possibly 2 hours, there is also the option of bringing him on near the end of extra time if a penalty shootout is looming and we haven't needed that fourth substitution. No 'keeper gets injured saving penalties, and if anybody can come up with such a happening then I would say it has to be the exception that proves the rule!

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Following the international calls, up I would suggest playing Dunk instead of Duffy but both he and Burn play on the left side of CB. Could either play on the right?

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
CH didn't even have Ryan on the bench at Old Trafford last season, so I can't see him starting him this. However, this match could easily go to extra time and I'd prefer Ryan over Steele on the bench. As well as providing an able substitute in the event of an injury to Button over possibly 2 hours, there is also the option of bringing him on near the end of extra time if a penalty shootout is looming and we haven't needed that fourth substitution. No 'keeper gets injured saving penalties, and if anybody can come up with such a happening then I would say it has to be the exception that proves the rule!

Is Ryan a better penalty stopper than Button? I can’t remember Ryan saving many (or any?).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I used to believe that in an FA Cup game, the surname of our defenders and keepers should begin with the letter B. It was a simple but effective rule.

Not any more.

We need a massive double D pair at the back.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
He saved something like 3 in a row last season. Stoke & Everton away spring to mind, not sure where else.

Oh yes. Thinking about it did he also save some in a shoot out for his country?. I wonder what Button’s record is like. Hopefully we’ll win it without penalties and it’s all a non-issue.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Millwall went 4-5-1 last night so the midfield battle will be key if they do the same Sunday. Let's get lots of pace out wide to try and stretch their midfield as much as possible.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Ryan; Bruno (c), Dunk, Duffy, Bernardo; Stephens, Propper, Kayal; Knockaert, Murray, March

Bench, as strong as possible. Picked an 11 I think will do best verses a physical Millwall side. Experienced (and very good) Championship players sprinkled with Premier League quality.

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Bernardo and Montoya doing the press conference today, does that mean they’re both likely to start on Sunday? If so suggests a strong team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here